What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your response to playbook owners who the ipad 2 has to be set down to type on?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not entirely true as we can thumb type with the ipad 2 in both hands - just it has to be held in portrait mode. Anyone else do this? Cause thumb typing is what i prefer.

Sent from my sexy white 3G 16GB ipad 2

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no response. The ipad is a 10 inch device and the playbook is a 7 inch device. So blackberry "wins" this round.

My reponse to playbook owners would be something along the line of "glad you like your purchase".

Last edited:

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can thumb type in landscape just fine on my iPad 1, and mine is in an otterbox defender.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just tell them that I'm glad they found something that works for them. I love my Droid X, I'll love my iPad,

Removed implied language please keep it clean. Col.bris

Last edited by a moderator:

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just tell them that I'm glad they found something that works for them. I love my Droid X, I'll love my iPad

Fix post removed quote col.bris

Oh jesus, this thread is going to be closed. That kind of objectionable language got a thread closed yesterday, and he didn't even use the "p" word. He used the "u" word.

Last edited by a moderator:

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I get drunk in England, I can't use their colloquial term to describe it?

Sorry if that word is taboo here. I'll rephrase; I'm not going to get into a micturational distance contest over mobile technology.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we don't offend the oh so fragile sensiblities of people that don't have anything else to complain about we can call it a tinkling contest.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, my response would be "and this matters to me because?"

I can thumb type well on my Playbook, but I can't type on it with my fingers because the screen is too small.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say you poor chaps...size does matter, then I would place my iPad down carefully and type this post on iPF.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never could thumb type, never will. I can single hand type on the iPad faster than many of the kids around.

Most reactions