What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your feeling on the Smart Cover, like it or not???

kentsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, haha, i use the grey when I leave home so as not to attract thieves and I use the green at home so I can easily find the damn thing. I tend to leave it in the weirdest of places.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wclyffe said:
I've been using the iPad since day one, and now the iPad 2....the smart cover is genius. Completely worth the price!

Same here . . . I agree :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely love it. I guess you have to pay for fashion! :) I may get an additional different color to satisfy my daily mood.

Its very elegant. I had my original iPad at work for almost a year and no one ever even noticed it. Now at meetings complete stranger come over and say, "wow, so that's the new iPad!"

It does just what I need, protects the glass from any major sharp edges that I might encounter walking around. The glass on the iPad2 can pushed and bent 2 inches without breaking. I'm not worried about the screen. The corners is what take abuse and a rear cover that I ordered will take care of that.

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my green cover as a holdover but now really like it. I just need some protection for the back and I will be happy.

Anything available now?

Looks like the Marware Microshell is a good option.

Last edited:

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I agree. It's ingenious. It's neat. It's practical. But Iid like how my old iPad sleeve protected the whole machine. The downside was that it hid the products beauty, shape and form. The upside of that has meant it has been easy to sell on as it is perfectly preserved!

So, iPad 2 cover. Well, I do love it and I plan on keeping it. However, I think I will buy something like the zagg invisible shield to keep the beautiful back protected!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I like how it wakes the iPad up and puts it to sleep, but hate that the rear is not protected.

Sure it has a rear camera, but it can't be that hard to put a hole in the case where the camera is, after all, numerous third parties have done it.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oscarrod said:
I bought a TPU case off eBay that is compatible with the smart cover. Black on Black looks epic iMHO: BLACK SMART COVER COMPANION TPU CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay

Very interesting! I like how it wraps around the edges of the ipad and over the top edge leading into the bezel just a bit. Kind of like how the Macally Flexitpad does on my iPad 1. I hope this case will be similar in texture...just a tad bit of grip.

I ordered one, too. Would've been nice to have a clear case but black is fine so long as it does the job I'm seeking it to do (full protection plus true compatibility with the Smart Cover). The only issue that MIGHT come into play is that the part of the case that goes around the edge of the iPad and onto the bezel just a bit might create a contact issue between the Smart Cover and the iPad. Maybe not.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also purchased a TPU case that's compatible with the Smart Cover. Thanks for the links guys. Without it, I wouldn't have found it. What a great solution. I hope! Has anybody received theirs yet?

I think it will look better. With the black Smart Cover but I have the blue one. booooooooo!

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Is there a reason that certain colours (Black, Cream, Navy, Tan) are £59.00 whereas other colours (Blue, Orange, Green etc.) are only £35.00

Surely Apple aren't charging £25.00 more for different colours?

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The brighter ones are made of a Polyurethane material. A sort of rubber textured material.
The more muted colour ones are in leather. So the leather ones are more pricey.

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
The brighter ones are made of a Polyurethane material. A sort of rubber textured material.
The more muted colour ones are in leather. So the leather ones are more pricey.

Oh I see! It just didn't mention this anywhere on the PC World website, unless I missed it, which is very likely.

Most reactions

Latest posts