What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your best meal ever and where?

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let's share where we have had a memorable meal.
Can be the simplest or the fanciest.
Mine would have to be sitting on the banks of a crystal clear river in beautiful Tasmania,
with my now husband ( then boyfriend) eating a warm freshly cooked lobster from Stanley fisheries.
Took 3 hours from order till ready.
Had to fish it out of the tank,boil the water then cook and cool.
Still remember the taste.
Squeeze of fresh lemon
Some fresh white bread and butter.
Bottle of champagne..........
Heaven

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mums curry? We lived in South Africa, in Durban so we lived near Indian, Chinese, really cosmopolitan culture. She learnt how to make this curry recipe with beef. I've loved it and used it ever since. Nothing quite like making your own curry from scratch. My funniest experience was when I cooked it for my hubby for the first time and realised I could eat it a lot hotter than he could. Needless to say he had to strip off his jumper etc... Just to cool off! It still makes me laugh to this day!

Of course the secret is to have a milky dessert/pudding afterwards as it cools the spices to bearable levels. Water just makes it worse.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds delish.
Care to share the recipe?
Or is it a family secret.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine was in an obscure Russian restaurant in Istanbul, in 1996. I had Beef Bourguignon (and flan for dessert) and I'm telling you, if I wasn't in a restaurant, in public, I'd've licked the plate!

Don't know the name of the restaurant (never did ... it was a hole-in-the wall place we went to with the tour guide). Don't think it would matter, because odds are I'll never go back to Turkey.

Spent the weekend in Istanbul, being a tourist. One of my better trips. Still think of that meal, every now and then.

Ever notice that you find places like that, but never get to go back? They stay with you, though...

Marilyn

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My grandmothersThanksgiving feast. Her fried chicken also rules or ruled because she is dead.I can't remember her recipes. All I know is the gravy had giblets and the stuffing had oysters.

I recall the Grabeteria. The double cheese burgers were sloppy as helium. Iwanted to say Hell, but that is not allowed on the forum, so I went with thespeel chacker’ choice. Helium is a gas, I know that.

Anyway . . . theburgers were extremely greasy and a ruined tie was often the result. Around thecorner was a nut house as well as an ice cream place. Odd that I am not fat. Iowe it all to my strict regimens of Scotch, Cigars, and 'Tapeworm-X,' the all naturaldiet aid.

Best darn burgers on the planet and best darn burger dinner or lunch, no contest. They are gone, I am sad. Replaced by adowntown mall that sucked and is being replaced by another mall that likely has a McDonalds.I also remember Dee's and Hires Drive In.

Sad that all thegood food is gone and morons refusing to embrace Trans-Fats are getting theirway.

I am thinking about serving Caribou (Rangifer tarandus) for Christmas, however.Guaranteed that the meal will be glorious and splendid as helium. This willlikely upset the little ones on Christmas Eve, when most of you Google Rangifertarandus, you will hete me. Or hate me.

But Denny's is nice too.

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brilliant Christine.
Makes you proud when you kids return the favor of all those years of meals.
And doing it well certainly is a pat on the back for you.
I'm still waiting for the invite from my 30 year old son.
Loves to eat at mums but not do the hard work.

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Steak dinner at the keg in Niagara.
But Id still choose a family BBQ any day.

:”People who are not themselves, are nobody.” George S. Patton

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A good pizza, anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With lots of cheese mushrooms bacon anchovies and salami
Mmmm,m........."

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
With lots of cheese mushrooms bacon anchovies and salami
Mmmm,m........."

Anchovies? Ewwwww.

Now, my fave pizza is found at the Gallows Pizzeria in Downieville, CA (used to live there 20+ years ago, one of the nicest little towns in the world!), just over an hour from where I used to live before moving back to Oregon recently.

Think: Reuben sandwich with artichokes on a thin sourdough crust. As many times as I've visited and made a point to get the pizza, I can't remember its name. Something like "Claim Jumper" but that's one of their all-meat pizzas I believe.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you ever had a prawn sandwich?
Fresh white bread,butter ,fat juicy fresh prawns, slices of avocado,and a drizzle of home made seafood cocktail sauce. A squeeze of lemon juice.
Heaven

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Have you ever had a prawn sandwich?
Fresh white bread,butter ,fat juicy fresh prawns, slices of avocado,and a drizzle of home made seafood cocktail sauce. A squeeze of lemon juice.
Heaven

Excuse me while I go ralph.

Most reactions

Latest posts