What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best way to show a Powerpoint slideshow on an iPad?

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I can save it as a PPS, but, when I drop it into Dropbox I can open it, but it doesn't show like a slideshow. Anyone know how I can show a Powerpoint slideshow on my iPad?

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a lot of drawings and formatting, you may find it better to convert it to .PDF and display it using GoodReader.
Otherwise, yeah, what nhbeast said.

T

TJK

We convert the slides to either PDF or JPG and display in GoodReader. (linked to a DropBox account)

If you want something a little snazzier then use the Keynote app on the iPad to build a new presentation with the JPGs of your Power Point slides. You can add slide transitions this way. Or save your main elements and rebuild the presentation for the iPad in Keynote.

I have not had any luck with any of the supposed MS Office apps handling PowerPoint presentations and converting to Keynote is hit or miss.

OP
R

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, the reviews on Keynote for handling PPT files are not encouraging. I give a lot of talks and would love to just lug my iPad rather than my old laptop to give these presentations. Perhaps someone will develop a PPS/PPT viewer. I would gladly pay $10 for an app that did just that. I don't need all the bells and whistles that Keynote has. I can't see developing sophisticated presentations without a mouse for precise placement.

Thanks

Bob

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly, I have the Keynote app and really like it. There are cases where people are simply unrealistic about their expectations of what something should do while others will do anything to gripe about Apple. Keep that in mind reading the reviews.

I've used it numerous times and had nothing but good responses on the quality of the presentation.

OP
R

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to update you on my quest. I am now using Keynote, which did a great job of importing my PPT files, and I am using 2Screens for presentations. 2Screens is a five dollar app that lets you present on an external screen and annotate right on the screen during the presentation. watch the 2Screens video on Youtube and you will be blown away

So, for $15, I am rocking!

Bob

elnbel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main requirement is to output (to vga) the presentation and be able to see notes on the iPad. Is there such an application. Has anyone installed the show anytime app?

LUB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main requirement is to output (to vga) the presentation and be able to see notes on the iPad. Is there such an application. Has anyone installed the show anytime app?
try pptView, it does exactly what you want.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Onlive Desktop. Accept no substitutes. :)

paducah1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slideshark for ppt on ipad

check out the slideshark app- perfect for showing ppt and displaying on projector too

Most reactions

Latest posts