What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's the best video converter to play my movies on the i-pad?

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was wondering,what's the best video converter program to play all my movies in my i-pad ? most of my movies are in the matrovska format and what do you think is the best converter without losing too many quality from it ?

and btw sorry if i posted in the wrong section,still a newbie guys :)

Not-A-Pervert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of people say they use Handbrake, but I use an acer laptop,and my problem is that it says my screen resolution is too low or too high. Can't remember which one, but I can't change it to what it needs.

OP
K

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't understand what are you trying to say mate ?
you used an acer laptopor that handbrake to convert your movies and still unplayable in ur iPad ?
is that what you were trying to tell ?
I was asking about the name of the program you use

contraption

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
dig4u.org
i was wondering,what's the best video converter program to play all my movies in my i-pad ? most of my movies are in the matrovska format and what do you think is the best converter without losing too many quality from it ?

I guess Handbrake will convert ur matrovska video to MP4 or H.264 video for iPad ... Im not sure this App is the best, but it's freeware.

Last edited by a moderator:

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I like an app called Air Video that you can get in the app store. It can

a) convert videos (including .mkv) to an ipad friendly format on your hard drive and you can then move them to the ipad via iTunes

You can control the resolution etc. I found the apps defaults to be acceptable. My PC (Core i7-920 @ 2.67ghz) can convert most movies at the default setting in around 20 minutes.

b) stream videos to your ipad from your computer, so that you do not have to pre-convert and transfer the video to your iPad, provided that you've got a good network connection between your iPad and your computer. It can even convert the video to an iPad friendly format on the fly why you are streaming.

There's two versions of the App in the app store - one is free so that you can try it out. The other costs $3 and is well worth it. The free version is slightly crippled in the sense that rather than letting you choose any video on your PC, it only presents you with a list of 3 or 4 random videos from your PC to choose from. The full version lets you choose any video on your PC.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kryptonick

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake is the best hands down.

Never had a video not play for any real. For iPad conversion just simply click on HIGH PROFILE and there you go.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're looking for a program to convert the movie then sync it onto your ipad then I use Handbrake. If you're looking for an app that will play just about any video format so you don't have to go through the conversion process then there are several available, one I like is Buzz Player HD.

e d o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post. Please forgive if this has been covered before.

I have version 0.7.1 of Handbrake and am happy with it. Is there any reason to update to the current version? Will my transfers look better or is it just a case of more bells & whistles, less bugs- not that I've noticed any bugs?

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kryptonick said:

AvplayerHD with out any doubt will be the best money you've spent on a video app

It plays anything u throw at it without the need for conversion so no lose in video or audio, honestly 10/10 app.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kryptonick said:

AvplayerHD with out any doubt will be the best money you've spent on a video app

It plays anything u throw at it without the need for conversion so no lose in video or audio, honestly 10/10 app.

I 2nd that.
Buy an AVPlayerHD and forget about conversions on your PC.

Most reactions