What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best PC contacts prog to synce with iPad?

Poita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I could be independent of my pc with many iPad features but am totally dependant on my pc for some things sich as photo management and it seems also contacts management.

I like the iOS contacts app but am annoyed by the cact that it doesn't have a categories option; I need to have the option to sub divide my contacts.

So, I'm told I need to first have a contacts program on my pc/internet app.
Scan you please advise on which is the best one. I use Vista on a laptop at the moment but I suspect a web based contacts program would be better as I could possibly edit that from my iPad (but how to say sync it?). I guess I need one on my pc so which one is the best? I don't ned lots of features, I guess I'd only use it to force my iPad contacts app to give me the option of categories.

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poita said:
I thought I could be independent of my pc with many iPad features but am totally dependant on my pc for some things sich as photo management and it seems also contacts management.

I like the iOS contacts app but am annoyed by the cact that it doesn't have a categories option; I need to have the option to sub divide my contacts.

So, I'm told I need to first have a contacts program on my pc/internet app.
Scan you please advise on which is the best one. I use Vista on a laptop at the moment but I suspect a web based contacts program would be better as I could possibly edit that from my iPad (but how to say sync it?). I guess I need one on my pc so which one is the best? I don't ned lots of features, I guess I'd only use it to force my iPad contacts app to give me the option of categories.

Hello. You should look for it at the appstore.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I use Outlook (2011 on Mac, 2010 on PC) with an Exchange Server and I have it syncing to all my devices via Exchange. Works like a charm and I dont have to worry about having everything syncing through iTunes since Exchange will sync instantly over the air.

On the cheap (I pay $3 a month for the exchange service after being grandfathered in through 1&1 internet - Home) you can use the iCloud. manage on the iPad in Contacts and on the PC through www.icloud.com. I have not tried setting up Outlook to the iCloud - I dont have to - but it is worth the look-see.

Also, you can use Google Gmail when installed on the iPad as an "exchange server" even though it really isnt an exchange server. Works well enough.

Most reactions