What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Happening with the key below the shift key???

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know the key to switch between alpha characters and numerical characters, well sometimes it's at the right, and sometimes it is at the left, and sometimes it's at both the left and the right.

I took the liberty to capture the screen.

It's annoying when I'm trying to type fast and this is switching on me from time to time.

image.jpg
image.jpg

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on where you're typing.

In the case of the two screen shots you provided one is the Email address keyboard,and only has the left one so that extra email related keys are available.

The other screen shot is the default keyboard you get if the area you're typing in doesn't have a specific type of keyboard requested.

Howeve, I've never seen a keyboard where the button is only on the right (or at least not noticed it) so I'd love to know where you saw that one :)

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll remember to catch the next time it only shows up on the right.

I have seen it more often than on the left.

I prefer to see it on both sides.

Most reactions

Latest posts