What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats a good app to stream drama or movies on iPad?

MiTakko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been asking my friends who uses it, they all told me to use youtube. Is there an app to stream drama or movies? Other than youtube? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have movies on your hard drive and want to stream, use PS3 Media Server, or TVersity on your computer and free app called AirAV, this one doesn't require transcoding of .avi files to stream. Streamtome will stream 720p .mkv files flawlessly, with no transcoding required. Good player will stream .avi file as well with no transcoding required, but I have found AirAV to be more reliable. If you are solely wanting to stream movies from the internet, then get Netflix, my son uses it and it works great.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do you have all the videos that you want to play on your iPad? If they are located on your harddrive, then it's easy to fix! I'm a big fan of Air Video, which is super-simple to setup. You download their software from the internet (pc and mac) and install it on your computer, and then share all the folders where your videofiles are located.

You then go to your iPad and install the Air Video app (choose between the free, or the 1-3$ app) and then follow the included instruction on how to link it with the software on your computer. Took me 10 minutes to set up - and I'm not a rocket scientist whatsoever! ;)

Most reactions