What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see in IOS 6?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make another iOS thread like the iOS 5 one last December.

So, what is everyone hoping apple to add into IOS 6? Settings for wifi/3G on/off in notification centre? Facebook integration? Etc.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to see an improvement in the keyboard meaning both numbers nd letters how up at he same time and not having to hit the .?123 key.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

isaac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will like to see an improvement that allows for deleting in either direction and an integration of formatting in iPad notes.

steveccnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see the same iTunes Radio function in the media player that I have when running iTunes on my laptop or desktop. It should always have been there.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't expect to see it in the next (or any) release of iOS but I would very much like to see features that make it possible to share an iPad among members of a family with some basic security features. There is no way to secure "settings," for example, much less a way to password protect individual apps. No way even to place the same app on multiple "home" screens much less to create separate "accounts" for multiple users.

I don't expect to see any such features in iOS simply because Apple believes the "workaround" is to purchase multiple iPads for every member of a household. Nevertheless, marketing the iPad as a "family" friendly device without making basic features that allow sharing (and non-sharing) of the device is simply dishonest.

tokirobot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like Gunny008, I want an improvement in the keyboard. Seeing as I am typing on the iPad's keyboard right now, shows,
That it's really not that big of an issue with me.

I REALLY want some more customization for the iPad, no not as much as android, that's too much. But widgets in the lock screen would be amazing! Please Apple, please do that for me! :)

Other than that... Some minor changes maybe? Such as, more effects in photo booth (I know, I'm a baby) similar to those found
on Macs. Also improvements in the camera, or just even some new features such as autofocus. Other than that......... I'm really happy with iOS 5! I just really want some more customization in the lock screen and settings.

wolfman1251

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
I would love to see an improvement in the keyboard meaning both numbers nd letters how up at he same time and not having to hit the .?123 key.

I agree about the numbers and letters on the same keyboard level... Although we'll probably be stuck with 2 levels of keyboard for 'some' special characters... However I'd like to see that damned UNDO key moved to somewhere where it is not as easy to hit, as there is nothing more frustrating as to be typing a paragraph and lose the whole thing to an accidental touch on the UNDO key while reaching for one of the surrounding special characters. Grrrrr...

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wolfman1251 said:
I agree about the numbers and letters on the same keyboard level... Although we'll probably be stuck with 2 levels of keyboard for 'some' special characters... However I'd like to see that damned UNDO key moved to somewhere where it is not as easy to hit, as there is nothing more frustrating as to be typing a paragraph and lose the whole thing to an accidental touch on the UNDO key while reaching for one of the surrounding special characters. Grrrrr...

Special characters are not used all that much so that part down not bother me.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like superscript and subscript added to keyboard as I teach science and need this a lot.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

cgrface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The return of the "multipage tab" in Safari, or at least the option to use multipage. I bought the iPad 2 for my wife who is very visually oriented. The loss of of the multipage tab has really rocked her world.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditto regarding the desired keyboard additions. The multi-direction Delete key would be the best one to add. Heres a few Id like to see:

- Better native Photo app that actually lets you delete/move images around without iTunes or whatever
- Easier way to kill running apps or apps that are suspended for us "anal retentive" memory managment nerds
- Better printing support for existing printers. There is NO reason why the iPad is picky about printer support.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't expect to see it in the next (or any) release of iOS but I would very much like to see features that make it possible to share an iPad among members of a family with some basic security features. There is no way to secure "settings," for example, much less a way to password protect individual apps. No way even to place the same app on multiple "home" screens much less to create separate "accounts" for multiple users.
I agree and want to see this. There are some app you just don't want kids messing around in like emails and notes.

Most reactions

Latest posts