What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What way should you hold a iPad?

Ipad2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my 1st iPad and just wanted to know what way I should hold my iPad.

Should it be with the round button on the right hand side so it's like widescreen or should it be with the round button at the bottom?

Have to say websites look better the 1st way I said about.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The beauty of an iPad is you can hold it anyway you like. I must agree, holding it in "landscape" is preferable to "portrait".

I have a smart cover on, so when I fold it into a stand, the Home button is on the left, but whatever suits your set-up.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums..... Unlike laptops you can hold the iPad any way you want however in saying that I donot recommend holding iy with just the corner as it may slip and hit the floor. It is highly recommended to purchase a cover for it and better still one that covers both sides. Enjoy our forums and thanks for joining.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hold it always. Some apps demand portrait Metoffice app and others are landscape but i do read some of my PDFs in portrait.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I normally use it in landscape mode,unless what I'm viewing requires portrait mode. I watch movies and TV shows in landscape mode,of course.

Last edited:

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For web browsing : portrait
For reading books : portrait
Some apps require both
Working on a table typing : landscape
You get the idea?

Most reactions