What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what type ipad case you got?

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally the Apple case and recently the Otterbox Defender. It's a bit bulky, but I use it on the job and it provides the protection I need.

+1 Otterbox Defender - great case and great protection. My working environment is rather extreme and this case is well suited for taking a beating everyday - everywhere I go, my iPad goes.

Last edited:

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I really like this case Speck CandyShell but I was wondering if anyone knew of one that has a built n type stand just like this 1? The thing on the back of this one is just for the charger it doesn't stand up on it and I Ned one that does.....I really just want a hard case for it like this one any suggestions?

saucyrossy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This One

It's cheaper, more usable, and offers better protection than Apple's case. Plus, it has "Don't Panic" written in large, friendly letters on the cover. A must-have feature for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no i would like a hard with no screen cover by i have a leather sleeve to put it in when I leave the house....I just want a hardshell like that one with a kick stand built in if theres such a thing

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ModulR is the one interests me, but the 3 pack deal at $99 will be near 135bucks shipped to me. ouch. not worth it. I'm in Canada. Dollar is pretty much on par now but still, that's too much for this.

The Defender ones don't interest me at all. They have a major flaw to me, no cover! Just a cheap screen protector. That isn't going to help at all if it drops screen down or something falls onto screen. At least the Modulr has a proper cover.

Last edited:

handcraftedweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a Hard Candy case (the one that looks like a tire tread. I like it. It adds a little protection but mainly I like the grippiness. It looks like a tire but it's more like plastic than rubber, but still makes it feel much more secure in my hand, on my lap, or on a pillow. It has a screen protection cover that comes off completely - I generally don't use that, but I might use it when travelling.

...Mike

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I ordered the white candy shell a sec ago off amazon for 38 shipped can't really beat that deal....I did a lil test with my sisters net book sleeve and figured out that the iPad actually fits pretty nice in it so I will get one of those from best buy for $19 to carry it around in when I travel

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Acase Flip Book - $25

Had it 2 months with no problems. 5 position stand, simulated leather (not bad at all), closes/opens instantly, very secure w/snap, all ports available. Really good for an inexpensive cover. I got the Acase after buying the Apple cover, which, while good quality, I found to be limiting. By the way, the red stripped strap on it is great for securing a cleaning cloth for the little finger print magnet!

Gtrcoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After tons of research, I decided on a Boxwave case. They have a plethora of cases to choose from and all are very reasonably priced.

I went with the "Hard Shell iPad Briefcase" for $34.95. It has a handle (you can unsnap it if you don't want to use it). Four elastic corners to keep your iPad snug inside the case. Felt interior lining and a mesh pocket inside of the "top." Great for small items and earbuds or small headphones.

I also have one of Boxwave's back covers: Diamond Glimmer iPad Snap-Fit Shell ($14.95). Protects the back like a charm, very snug, all perfect openings for all controls, felt interior for added protection to the back of the iPad as well. You DON'T have to take the shell off to charge either. The bonus? My iPad fits perfectly into the case WITH the shell on! Most cases don't allow for a back cover.

Check Boxwave out!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After tons of research, I decided on a Boxwave case. They have a plethora of cases to choose from and all are very reasonably priced.

I ordered an item from Boxwave for my wife's iPhone. There was a problem with the order, and their customer service was difficult and terrible - basically ignored emails, until I opened an issue against them through my credit card. Won't ever buy from them again.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my white speck candyshell in today and LOVE it....it is the prefect size not to big not to small and really good protection for the ipad for sure i recommend it to anyone looking for a hard cover 100%

Gtrcoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I ordered an item from Boxwave for my wife's iPhone. There was a problem with the order, and their customer service was difficult and terrible - basically ignored emails, until I opened an issue against them through my credit card. Won't ever buy from them again.

Sorry you had a problem. I had to cancel and order for a case for my iPhone4 prior to my iPad and had no problem. Customer service responded to my email, cancelled the order, and credited my credit card within two days.

Loveipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just got a cheap £12.99 Griffin slip case, it dose the job.... Feels nice and furry inside lol

Most reactions

Latest posts