What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size ipad?

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine what size ipad2 to purchase. I will be using it for e-books, apps, internet and watching movies.

Can I watch movies stored on an SD card with the adapter, and get a smaller ipad?

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E books don't take up any memory, I don't think you can watch movies with an sd card unless you have the cAmera addapter. Here's what I have.

I have a 16gb iPad 2 white. Here's what's on it. 100 songs, 15 videos, 150 photos, 5 books, 50 apps, 30 games, and 10 or so garage band project songs. Still have 7gb left. For me, having extra gb would be nice, but I don't need it.

Hope this helps.

OP
Basementscientist
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

I wasn't sure if Apple would allow me to watch a movie from a card without jailbreaking or jumping through hoops other than the adapter.

OP
Basementscientist
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't "afford" any of them.

I was considering selling an organ, but I hear it's illegal in all but 1 state. ;-) ... Just kidding.

I just have to save my pennies, and hopefully get the 32GB model before the ipad8 comes out.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was gonna get the 16 gig model, but as my mom told me, "if you're going to waste money on an expensive toy, why not go all out?" :D

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I was going to get the 32 GB, but they ran out on day 1, so of course I had to go up to the 64.

Glad I did, only have 31 GB left.
Just 2 movies, a lot of photos in a photo app, a hundred or so MP3s and 151 apps.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Where did u buy an iPad 3?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't "afford" any of them.

I was considering selling an organ, but I hear it's illegal in all but 1 state. ;-) ... Just kidding.

I just have to save my pennies, and hopefully get the 32GB model before the ipad8 comes out.

32gb seems to be the most popular size folks are looking at. If you can get by with wifi only that will save some $. I had a wifi only but when I had to have it replaced they only had 3g. I've got a 16gb . I've got 550+ photos,95 apps,5 songs 11+gb left.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basementscientist said:
I'm trying to determine what size ipad2 to purchase. I will be using it for e-books, apps, internet and watching movies.

Can I watch movies stored on an SD card with the adapter, and get a smaller ipad?

I always buy the most storage, though rarely use half of it. Both my iPads, 1&2, are 64 wifi/3G. 32 seems to be a good choice for most. I initially got the 32 in iPad 1, but exchanged it for a 64 (dead pixel was the reason for return)

osad4831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning to purchase an iPad 2 soon, but I don't know which size to get. I am not planning to have any movies.

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an android phone with 3G. What a waste of time. Unless you live in downtown big city your Internet speed is shockingly slow. If you live out in the country you'd be better off with a magnifying glass and a match, McGiver. So forget the 3G, just get a wifi only IPad 2 16gb. Store your photos online at Webshots, watch movies on Netflix and you will have room for hundreds of songs and alot of apps. AZ

tommicheal444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning to purchase an iPad 2 soon, but I don't know which size to get. I am not planning

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many Gb is available, is it 16 Gb on the 16 Gb model or is some used for the OS?

I planning on getting the 16 Gb but won't store music or movies and I guess the average app issn't using many Mb?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many Gb is available, is it 16 Gb on the 16 Gb model or is some used for the OS?

I planning on getting the 16 Gb but won't store music or movies and I guess the average app issn't using many Mb?

IOS 4.3 for the iPad is 597 MB.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts