What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What percentage of iPad owners are running Windows vs Mac on their main PC

MaxiVista

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any (official) source about the figures of iPad users who are running Windows on their main PC (vs. Mac OS)?

We are developing an iPad App that communicates with a Mac or Windows host PC and we are curious about the ratio.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7, but not out of choice.
You'd be better creating a Poll so the results are easier to read.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows 7 on 3 different computers. No matter what, there are going to be more windows users than mac users that own the iPad. Windows owns like 90% of the marketshare on desktop and laptop OS's, so if 100% of mac people bought iPads, to match that number only 15% or so of windows users would have to buy an iPad. Very rough math here, but I think I explained my thoughts semi clearly.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I converted to Mac on both Labtop and Desk last January and never regretted the move. I still use my Windows 7 box out in the garage for my sim racing and gaming box..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac OS and learning to how to use it ..

Henry, I converted to Apple last Jan and took a few on-line courses at Lynda.com Im currently taking a course on PhotoShop. Lynda has courses for everything,, i highly recommend..

Most reactions