What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What? No iPad mini Retina (are you kidding me???)!!!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the title doesn't suggest there may not be a retina version in the fall. A retina mini is something a lot of people are expecting and wanting and there has been much discussion of it here. If Apple decides not to release it this year after so many others have introduced high-res screens on tablets, what can the excuse be? Of course, if they don't release one then I won't be compelled to upgrade, but I think a lot of folks will find Apple waning in competitiveness.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the title doesn't suggest there may not be a retina version in the fall. A retina mini is something a lot of people are expecting and wanting and there has been much discussion of it here. If Apple decides not to release it this year after so many others have introduced high-res screens on tablets, what can the excuse be? Of course, if they don't release one then I won't be compelled to upgrade, but I think a lot of folks will find Apple waning in competitiveness.

You may be right although the same argument has been made since the original iPad, when updates have come out and they haven't included something that other tablets have then the downfall of Apple has been predicted......if they don't update with retina display then I'm sure that they have their reasons and I'm also sure they'll do ok.

Personally, my eyes are so bad that I may not be able to tell the difference anyway......so I can definitely wait lol!

The Archangel

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may be right although the same argument has been made since the original iPad, when updates have come out and they haven't included something that other tablets have then the downfall of Apple has been predicted......if they don't update with retina display then I'm sure that they have their reasons and I'm also sure they'll do ok.

Personally, my eyes are so bad that I may not be able to tell the difference anyway......so I can definitely wait lol!

The Archangel

Apple never did, and never will, add USB ports and removable batteries...but they invented the retina display. Them not following through there is going to leave people with a real reason to scratch their heads. Of course, if the the reason is because battery life will drop too much or the weight increase will be too large, then I can live with that. Thinking back, that was the reason I gave them a pass last November....geez...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple never did, and never will, add USB ports and removable batteries...but they invented the retina display. Them not following through there is going to leave people with a real reason to scratch their heads. Of course, if the the reason is because battery life will drop too much or the weight increase will be too large, then I can live with that. Thinking back, that was the reason I gave them a pass last November....geez...

Lol, beware of the words that you put into print, they may come back to haunt you!

The Archangel

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, if the the reason is because battery life will drop too much or the weight increase will be too large, then I can live with that. Thinking back, that was the reason I gave them a pass last November....geez...

I'm with you on this one. If Apple doesn't release a new iPad Mini w/Retina due to added weight and/or decreased battery life, I would pass on it. My favorite things about the Mini are the current weight and battery life. I can live with the screen as it is now. Plus, a new Mini with no Retina/decreased battery life/heavier will keep me from going broke...I wouldn't have to buy another Mini this year! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woohoo--I just ordered my iPad mini! I am ok without having retina display--quite honestly, I don't think I would have noticed. My shipping date to the store is next Thursday!! Yippee!! :) :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo--I just ordered my iPad mini! I am ok without having retina display--quite honestly, I don't think I would have noticed. My shipping date to the store is next Thursday!! Yippee!! :) :)

You'll probably notice the screen is better as it has the same number of pixels as the iPad 2 but in a smaller space!

Congratulations, I can't wait to see the photos when it arrives!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll probably notice the screen is better as it has the same number of pixels as the iPad 2 but in a smaller space!

Congratulations, I can't wait to see the photos when it arrives!

The Archangel

Thank you!

What have I been waiting for I ask myself?? I can't wait--and will certainly do an unboxing when it ships!! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Congratulations ski! Welcome to the ranks of iPad mini owners. Now Mickey and Minnie are finally together.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Good for you, Ski! I think you'd notice the retina, but there are other important things in life beyond retina. :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good for you, Ski! I think you'd notice the retina, but there are other important things in life beyond retina. :)

Thanks, AQ! :)

I just couldn't wait any longer, I've been chomping at the bit for this mini for a long time! Maybe I would have noticed the Retina display-but that's ok. The stats on the current mini sounds just as impressive! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts