What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Your Favorite iOS 4 Feature?

What is your favorite iOS feature?

• Multitasking

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Folders

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Improved Mail

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Better iBooks (may actually come before iOS4)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other - Add your favorite!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
software-icon-multitasking-20100607.jpg

Multitasking

Now you can run your favorite third-party apps — and switch between them instantly — without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.

software-icon-folders-20100607.jpg

Folders

Organize apps into folders with drag-and-drop simplicity. Get faster access to your favorites and browse and manage up to 2160 apps.

software-icon-mail-20100607.jpg

Even Better Mail

See messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize messages by threads, open attachments in third-party apps, and more.

software-icon-ibooks-20100607.jpg

iBooks

PDF file support, Notes, Highlighting and more!

Or you can add your favorite! What do you think?

Last edited:

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the folders, that's one of the few things I've really been wishing would happen since my first night downloading apps.

mayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the Multitasking; however I'm also looking forward to a better email interface and the ability to store PDF's in iBook.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually leery of multitasking, concerned that it might drain the battery more. iBooks I think is a crap app compared to Kindle. Folders are meh because now I am using iconoclasm to have 5 x 5 icon springboards...but I guess it won't hurt, DEPENDING how they implement them.

The only thing I would like is my mail to be threaded so my GMail account looks right in my box.

Depending on people complaining or not complaining about the multitasking I might not even upgrade.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
I'd have to say the MultiTasking bit is the most significant improvement for me. I can live without everything else, but being able to switch between apps and not lose context will improve my productivity. :)

Piko

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I chose folders, because I don't know if multitasking will really be much faster than app-switching dance that we do now. But at least I hope I no longer lose my navi system when someone calls, texts, or I get a notification.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Folders for me too. Hate cluttered desktops and having to scrub through pages.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking is what Im looking forward long time!
I have to say the new iPhone is so cool and amazing!
I really like the white one! and it takes lovely pictures, can't wait any more to get one, it totally shocked me with its features, and along with the iOs 4, it's a match made in heaven!
iOS 4: Everything You Need to Know | iPhone Column

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders for me too. Hate cluttered desktops and having to scrub through pages.

You and me both! I've tried some different methods and organization with my icons, but I keep getting some pages overfilled, and some pages nearly empty. Also, sometimes I like to not cover my wallpaper on the home screen in apps because of the pictures, so having some categories and not so much clutter will be amazing.

dainesmile12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really a nice post, that you have updated us with all of nice information that can be very useful for future aspect. Thanks for sharing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh waiting for the official announcement and Job's "one more thing....."

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely multi-tasking. Now I can start Pandora, PocketTunes, Last.fm or one of my other audio apps and continue using other apps (except for YouTube) while listening to streaming audio.

(And yes, I have 4.2 on my iPad)

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders,coz i dont like to have so many pages to flip thru. And i like to keep organized. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts