What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best thing you can do on your iPad?

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As it says above. For me it's snes emulator and air video. Absolute magic. I'm looking to really get the most out of it so wanted to know other peoples top apps.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I whoopin each other in "Words With Friends".

AirVideo for easy conversion of movies and TV Shows (I'm going on vacation to Cozumel in about two weeks and it will be handy on the plane trip).

ABC Player for catching up on 20/20 while on my lunch break (good quality by tethering my iPad Wifi to my T-Mobile G1 Android phone).

Pandora and Last.Fm for listening to streaming music at work.

I could probably go on and on.

OP
B

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I watched a film via air video does it store on my iPad when I play and convert? If so where does it store?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the Dow futures, Gold Spot Price, and U.S. Dollar index almost instantly on my iPad every morning.

It is also great to be able to carry around the Federalist Papers, Bill of Rights, and The Constitution on the iPad. All were free downloads from the iBooks Store as well!

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't taken mine on a trip yet, but I've got one coming up in August, so I look forward to watching videos at the airport and onboard.

Right now, one of the great things is actually having it in church. With the notepad, I can take notes during the Pastor's message and switch over to my Bible app to reference (and highlight and add notes to the appropriate verses).

Let the church say, Amen!" :)

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I watched a film via air video does it store on my iPad when I play and convert? If so where does it store?

Converting does not store the video on your iPad. It stores it in the same directory where the original video resides. For you to get them on your iPad you need to sync with iTunes.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keep track of things that i need to do and be able to quick reference for diff books and dvd along with food pantry list for diff times of the year ..

espressomiata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trapster is my number one. Otherwise, just having nearly instant mobile access to just about anything is simply awesome.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love having something I can carry anywhere and do e-mail and internet.

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sitting here at the tire shop now waiting on a flat tire to be fixed and I'm reading and replying to this forum, checking out Facebook and taking care of work e-mail. I'm so busy, I can't even get to watching any videos! :D

W24TSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can connect to servers at work using Remote Desktop and configure user accounts etc.
Other than that, I use it for surfing the Interweb both in the house on WiFi and also on the go using WiFi tethering. I prefer to use mine more than my PC for surfing, its just so simple and perfectly clear!

Winawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to remote administer computers and remote control them (I was playing poker through my desktop computer at work using my iPad at home with TeamViewer!), for reading and annotating .PDFs of scientific papers (iAnnotate), for looking at files on the go (DropBox), reading comics (Marvel app / ComicZeal) and books (GoodReader, Stanza, Kindle App - not iBooks, because I'm Canadian <sigh>), viewing video files (locally and with Air Video), doing light code editing tasks (Turbosh), cooking (Epicurious and How to Cook Everything app), and doing net browsing and e-mail. In fact, these days I tend to leave my laptop at work and just take my iPad with me everywhere!

Most reactions

Latest posts