What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best thin folio case for Ipad 2?

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Marware Microshell Folio preordered but it's going to be another couple weeks at the earliest before it gets shipped.

I noticed belkin had a nice option but it has said "coming soon" for over a month.

Are there any other (possibly better) folio options that are lightweight and actually available to purchase?

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Switcheasy Canvas and really like it but I'm not sure I would consider it lightweight. Awesome protection though.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

OP
S

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the release date on the proporta is about the same as the expected ship date of the marware i have preordered. Plus, it's too expensive for my taste.

I've ordered some items from proporta in the past that were listed as available and it still took them over a month to ship it to me so I avoid them at all costs anyway.

The Canvas one looks pretty good but comments about it not staying in the grooves when used as a stand worries me a bit. Seems like the other folio design makes for a stronger stand (like the apple case for the original ipad).

OP
S

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up ordering the skinny and cancelling my order for the marware case.

OP
S

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received the skinny. It's nice but is anyone else having the issue of it going to sleep when you put pressure on it with the lid folded behind it?

I'm beginning to think the magnets are more of a headache than they're worth.

Last edited:

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received the skinny. It's nice but is anyone else having the issue of it going to sleep when you put pressure on it with the lid folded behind it?

I'm beginning to think the magnets are more of a headache than they're worth.

Someone on the MacRumors website posted this about the STM Skinny:

"update on my sleep issue when the Skinny is reversed.

I got an "STM Service Kit for SKinny" from RadTech which is basically a patch that is applied on the inside of the bottom part and fixes the sleep issue when the cover is reversed."

They said they e-mailed the manufacturer about the problem and received the kit in the mail.

user_offline.gif

OP
S

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the patch a couple days ago. It appears to have fixed the sleep issue but pushes the case out a little bit at the bottom. Not very much though. Overall the patch is an improvement as I can handle a little bump a lot better than messing with the ipad going to sleep while I'm using it.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on the repair kit.

Last edited:

fesar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at buying the Marware microshell folio case. But it is coming soon, so I am using the Marware shell case for ipad2 and the smart cover. It's of solid feel and a sexy product and also not bulky. I feel thinner with my case than the ipad1.

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the patch a couple days ago. It appears to have fixed the sleep issue but pushes the case out a little bit at the bottom. Not very much though. Overall the patch is an improvement as I can handle a little bump a lot better than messing with the ipad going to sleep while I'm using it.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on the repair kit.

Glad the patch worked out. Especially since I ended up ordering the STM Skinny. Got it yesterday and, of course, I've got the sleep issue when the cover is folded back. Other than that I really like the case. I e-mailed STM yesterday about getting the patch.

hoppity0511

iPF Noob
Reaction score
microshell folio case from Marware is awesome for my iPad 2 ...
very nice fit and keeps iPad 2 looking
thin... hard plastic feel...
Screen cover has auto wake / sleep function...
this case was what I was looking for as I wanted something that protected front and back but still showed off how thin the iPad 2 is...
Also getting Tom Bihn Ristretto iPad 2 bag with absolute shoulder strap to carry everything :)

Most reactions

Latest posts