What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is suppossed to sync when you set up an exchange account?

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just set mine up and although the email and tasks are syncing correctly, nothing has come through for Contacts and Notes.

Are the latter two supposed to sync as well?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It just depends o. What you have selected to sync when setting the exchange account up on your iPad. You can check this at Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> then select your account from the list. You can then see what is switched on and off.

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just depends o. What you have selected to sync when setting the exchange account up on your iPad. You can check this at Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> then select your account from the list. You can then see what is switched on and off.

I turned Contacts off then on and that fixed it.

What about Notes? Is there no option to sync that?

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Notes is. Do you mean Tasks, as in the checked to do list?

Notes, like Tasks, comes with the IPAD. Its a notepad that you can jot notes into. Tasks is a completely separate app.
There is also a "Notes" in Outlook, which I gather is what IPAD's notes is supposed to sync with.

The components of Outlook are: email, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. For some reason, notes doesnt sync with my Outlook via exchange, while everything else does.

You can actually see it discussed here but from what I am learning...apparently iOS dropped the syncing of Notes (for some odd reason).
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4231

Last edited:

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes syncing is not supported by the underlying ActiveSync protocol that exchange accounts use.

To sync notes from outlook you have to do it via iTunes.

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes syncing is not supported by the underlying ActiveSync protocol that exchange accounts use.

To sync notes from outlook you have to do it via iTunes.

Is there any app that will allow me to do it wirelessly?

Most reactions

Latest posts