What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it that you REALLY like about your iPad?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a nice leather cover on my iPad3 bought as an impulse buy cheaply in a supermarket. It's been on my iPad constantly as good protection in case I dropped it, does not slide easily off a car seat etc .... I took that cover off tonight just to look at and feel my iPad.........
What a beautiful piece of engineering and design!
Smooth and sculptured with that nice metal back in today's world of plastic. The cover will go back for protection, but I'll take that iPad out more often now. For me that's one thing I love about my iPad, just the pleasure of holding and looking at it.
So just wondering. What is it that y'all like about YOUR iPad?
Andrew

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with everything you're saying. It's just a pity the iPad is too slippery to hold without a case :)

The size of the iPad is what impresses me. Every single 'computing' task I do, contained within a tablet in my hand; can't beat that. It makes the experience much more relaxing and intimate.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't use a case, but I have a snap-on plastic back from Poetic that provides adequate grip and some protection. When I take the iPad out of the house, I carry it in a padded zip bag with both handle and shoulder strap.

My favorite thing: I'm lounging in my living room La-Z-Boy right now, instead of hunching over a keyboard in my office chair. Second favorite: sharing photos and videos with friends.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the convenience of being able to be online just about anywhere. It's far more convenient while on the go than my laptop could ever be.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason why I got the original iPad still exists as the reason I REALLY like the iPad to this day - the sheer convenience for couch-surfing.

I used to use a net book propped on a lap desk (with a mouse, even!) while sitting on the couch. That would get heavy after a while, but what other recourse did I have?

Now? With an iPad Air, it's even easier to sit on the sofa and surf my favorite sites, read my RSS feeds and even play games. It's an extremely portable tool and I've never regretted my decision. :)

Marilyn

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a nice leather cover on my iPad3 bought as an impulse buy cheaply in a supermarket. It's been on my iPad constantly as good protection in case I dropped it, does not slide easily off a car seat etc .... I took that cover off tonight just to look at and feel my iPad.........
What a beautiful piece of engineering and design!
Smooth and sculptured with that nice metal back in today's world of plastic. The cover will go back for protection, but I'll take that iPad out more often now. For me that's one thing I love about my iPad, just the pleasure of holding and looking at it.
So just wondering. What is it that y'all like about YOUR iPad?
Andrew
I got one of those too! My friend picked up ( faux leather ) one at the " Dollar " store for $2. Amazing! It does everything you talk of!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree that "couch surfing" is so much better than with any laptop, but my number one reason was touch. The first iPhone ads just amazed me, but I didn't want to read or show pictures that small. Now I do almost everything with the iPad! (I've even become a pretty good typist with touch)

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My ipad is a magic window to the world of entertainment, news and information. I probably take it for granted considering I remember dial up connection. Anyone remember that horrible sound! And it was hit or miss. All my accounts on a quality portable device. Fantastic screen quality! And very reliable. But, what I really like is that nobody can call me on my iPad...lol

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I like about an iPad: IT JUST WORKS
Why I bought several of them: THEY JUST WORK.

On computers, some apps could behave badly. On Android devices, some apps could not run, and some of them even cause bad issues. On iPad, if an app can be purchased and downloaded, it will run with no side effect. There was only one incident when I had to re-install a game. Other than that, if iPad is an airplane, I could fly it every day without any reservation. That is real engineering work, Reliability and Dependability.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like my iPad for its beautiful design and it's compact feel. Compared to other tablets before this one, the others seemed too long and heavy. I also went from using a 17-inch Sony Laptop every night to using my iPad. Big difference! My iPad is always with me-especially at the end of a long day at work. It gives me a nice way to relax and also to "catchup" with friends and family on the forums and FB! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a great piece of technology in a small package that I can take with me everywhere. I can use it for and at work. I can read books, listen to music, connect to the world, ... using just this device. It gives me the possibility to learn something new every day easily.

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can do almost everything I need to with my iPad. I have used other tablets, but this is much better. Its design, weight, usage... And of course, this forum makes the iPad even more interesting!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Addendum: if I'm watching a movie or TV show and have an idle question about, say, where I've seen an actor before, I just look it up on Rotten Tomatoes. No more unanswered questions--every fact is at my fingertips!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You know, when is first got my iPad I was so GRATEFUL because I'm housebound and the iPad had given me the opportunity to be in touch with the whole world.
About 2 weeks ago I had a bad fall and couldn't use my iPad !
Now I am EXTRA grateful for it because I didn't realize what I TRULY had until it was gone for over a week! PHEW! Without this iPad my life would be very sad!
Since I can use it again I am VERY HAPPY!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts