What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is iPad ?

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXe3i42ptu4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihOmQY-JxY[/ame]

New iPad commercial.

I think the problem in most apple commercials is that they exaggerate way too much:D, however after seeing this I'm just happy to have one.:)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the problem in most apple commercials is that they exaggerate way too much:D, however after seeing this I'm just happy to have one.:)
I think one of the biggest problems with the iPad... is that it is sold by Apple! After all, what is Apple's claim to fame? Computers of course. While iPod and iPhone users know what an iPad is (a consumption device), I think a lot of newcomers to Apple products think that the iPad is a re-packaged laptop or net book and end up disappointed when they discover it only does apps from Apple unless they jailbreak and even then, they can not just put any "off the shelf" software on it.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called marketing. And there aren't many companies in the world that are better at it, than Apple.

Dan Diego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know the name of the app that is on the first frame of the video above? It's the one with nine thumbnails of web-sites in three columns and rows. Just curious.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think one of the biggest problems with the iPad... is that it is sold by Apple! After all, what is Apple's claim to fame? Computers of course. While iPod and iPhone users know what an iPad is (a consumption device), I think a lot of newcomers to Apple products think that the iPad is a re-packaged laptop or net book and end up disappointed when they discover it only does apps from Apple unless they jailbreak and even then, they can not just put any "off the shelf" software on it.
yeah, the owner of our company ordered one. Then a week or so later ordered a laptop. He thought he was going to use the iPad instead of a laptop. Of course, he cant browse network folders in the office, or run excel, or powerpoint, or demo one of our company's online products (its 100% flash). Its amazing how many people will throw down $700 for something they know nothing about. I researched for weeks before I finally decided to get the iPad. I have had very few surprises.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I researched for weeks before I finally decided to get the iPad. I have had very few surprises.
Same for me, but the only surprise was explaining to "the boss" (and I don't mean Bruce Springsteen!) about all those iTunes and Amazon charges on the debit card!

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugghh, for the dude who said "I amazed at how many ppl throw away 700 dollars,"

the iPad is a lot more portable than a laptop or net book, has an awesome touch screen, and many apps available, that alone is worth the money..

Heck , just the fact that it is much more portable is worth the money..

But did I mention the awesome battery life?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mention of the cost is about those who buy without studying what they are getting. The iPad is a temendous value, but cannot be everything for everyone.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugghh, for the dude who said "I amazed at how many ppl throw away 700 dollars,"

That's a teeny tiny little bit out of context. The whole line is --

Its amazing how many people will throw down $700 for something they know nothing about.

I don't think he was implying that paying $700 for an iPad is throwing away their money, but spending that kind of money and not have any idea what you are spending it on is a --

horse2.jpg

horse of a different color!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol, yes. I think $700 is a pretty good deal, but I knew what I was paying for when I got it, and Ive been very happy with it.

The three people I know who don't use their ipads any more all bought them not knowing anything about them other than the fact that they were the latest cool thing from Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts