What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is everyone doing that they can't seem to put down their iPads?

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
seem to put down their iPad. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love mine but I must be missing the boat............I use it to read books, read emails, peruse iPadForums.net, surf the net and get on Facebook. What apps don't I have that will keep me from putting it down? Is it the gamers that have them "attached" at the hip? The iPad is a wonderful piece of equipment but haven't had a problem putting it down if I need to do a chore or go to work (of course it goes with me.) Just curious...............

Last edited by a moderator:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seem to put down their iPad. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love mine but I must be missing the boat............I use it to read books, read emails, peruse iPadForums.net, surf the net and get on Facebook. What apps don't I have that will keep me from putting it down? Is it the gamers that have them "attached" at the hip? The iPad is a wonderful piece of equipment but haven't had a problem putting it down if I need to do a chore or go to work (of course it goes with me.) Just curious...............

Where to begin...:D

Well, for starters, I pretty much have instant messaging on all the time, so if it beeps I have to tend to it. I'm on summer vaycay in between degrees, so there's not a lot to do work wise...

When I wake up, I check e-mails, I Facebook. I read the national post. All on my iPad. Then I go and do busy work, and invariable someone sends me a YouTube video, or asks me a question. And if I have NOTHING else to do, I watch something on Puffin or Netflix to keep me amused. That's how I use it as much as I do...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't seem to put my new stylus down so I just keep tapping on whatever is available on the screen. It just makes me feel good... ;)

grumpy2038

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
I can't seem to put my new stylus down so I just keep tapping on whatever is available on the screen. It just makes me feel good... ;)

I'm after a stylus, what do you recommend?

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a wonderful piece of equipment but haven't had a problem putting it down if I need to do a chore or go to work (of course it goes with me.) Just curious...............

That's it Dianne: it is just so sexy! Is our new toyfriend so we need it always near.:D

By the way I use it the most for music making and also some noise.

Cheers!

MacBuddhaMachine

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read books, remote control my tv, email, surf, Facebook, twitter, photos, notes, todo, calendar, access my desktop, games.... Uh everything. I hate when I have to stop and use my actual desktop! And I only do that because I need to access some programs that I don't have on here!

Reaction score
Use Splashtop to access your desktop from your Ipad. :D
If it's a Mac use Team Viewer.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grumpy2038 said:
I'm after a stylus, what do you recommend?

At the moment, the Just Mobile Alupen feels good. However, if you haven't used any of the others, the Alupen is likely to feel huge. Overall though, if I had to choose one from the ones I have (Targus, Boxwave, Alupen), I think that that would be it.

OP
diannenet

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
I am really getting a kick out of these answers. I like the term "toyfriend.". I will must keep checking back here to see what everyone is doing with theirs. The only thing work related I can do on my iPad is check emails. We are blocked from remote access to our work computer for now until they get it figured out. Since we are a brokerage firm there are all sorts of security issues that need to be addressed before they rollout the remote access. Lucky for me I am on the list for the pilot group.

I have watched a tv show on here and it was great!!! We travel to our weekend getaway which is about two hours from home a couple times a month so I can see my 3G getting some use.

Again I am loving the responses. Some of them wear me out just reading them!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
diannenet

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
patirhodes said:
Best thing of all...watching Netflix movies sitting next to my husband who is watching sports on TV!!!:)

I agree with you there! My husband usually has control of the remote so this is going to come in real handy.

One more question. If we are traveling, do I have to leave 3G on while watching a movie or do I just download it on Netflix and then turn off 3G?

Thanks.

JAILBIRD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
patirhodes said:
Best thing of all...watching Netflix movies sitting next to my husband who is watching sports on TV!!!:)

I agree with you there! My husband usually has control of the remote so this is going to come in real handy.

One more question. If we are traveling, do I have to leave 3G on while watching a movie or do I just download it on Netflix and then turn off 3G?

Thanks.

I believe it has to stay on. Netflix streams the movies instead of downloading the whole thing.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mostly use my iPad 2 for email, and mobile safari. It comes in handy during my kids long 3 hour swim meets as well as when we're at the shore.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Read books, remote control my tv, email, surf, Facebook, twitter, photos, notes, todo, calendar, access my desktop, games.... Uh everything. I hate when I have to stop and use my actual desktop! And I only do that because I need to access some programs that I don't have on here!

How do you control your TV with the iPad?

I am retired, had shoulder in April so I can't do much. First thing I do is use HootSuite to check in with both twitter and Facebook. Then I check email. Use Flipboard to read both twitter and facebook. I also have a number of magazines on it and Google Reader. I also use Safari to check Facebook so I can comment if I need to.

I have a lot of different games and spend time playing those as well as reading. I have downloaded a number of free ebooks from the web. So far I haven't had to buy any. Just mailed my old ebook reader and it had 134 books on it that I had gotten of the web free.

I haven't found the perfect to do app yet, but I understand one is on it's way that will fit my specs. Some days I don't even turn on my PC

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I check email, twitter, and Facebook first thing in the morning and then check them periodically throughout the day. I use Goodreader for downloading .PDF's that I need to mark up. This is a weekly project. I use it in the kitchen for recipe's. I have the How to Cook Everything app and an app called the recipe box where I store my own favorite recipe's. I also listen to music from it when I am in the kitchen cooking. I also use it to keep my 2 year-old entertained at restaurants. There's is a company called Duck Duck Moose that makes wonderful interactive apps for around 18 months and up.

I highly recommend watching Leo Laporte on the TWIT network for iPad Today. It's a great little podcast and you can either download the podcasts in iTunes or download the TWIT app.

Most reactions

Latest posts