What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is 5.0.1?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded 5.0.1, what does it give us and what does it fix?

I think that the main thing was a software update to improve battery life. I thought that I had noticed that battery life deteriorated after upgrading to iOS 5.

Oh, and an update to speech recognition so that it has a better chance of understanding us Aussies:).

EDIT: My 500th post!!! I find it hard to believe altough my wife probably thinks it must be 1,000.

Last edited:

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded 5.0.1, what does it give us and what does it fix on ipad1?

Increased battery life in your device
Multi gesture feature on IPad 1
Bug fixes
Patching security issues
Do not hesitate to upgrade every time as it improves your experience. With Apple you can not take the approach of wait and see
as it will leaves you behind.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
Increased battery life in your device
Multi gesture feature on IPad 1
Bug fixes
Patching security issues
Do not hesitate to upgrade every time as it improves your experience. With Apple you can not take the approach of wait and see
as it will leaves you behind.

I mostly agree with this but with any major OS update it doesn't hurt to wait it out a little bit. I'm glad I waited for 5.0.1 as opposed to just getting 5.0 right away. It's good practice to take the updates though, I can agree with that.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Multi gestures on iPad 1. I think this was the biggie!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so glad to have gestures now. It shows if we moan enough they will do it lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I expect they were going to do it anyway but didn't want to put too many things on ios5. I'm an optimist!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah maybe. I don't understand why gestures didnt come on the iPad one when iOS 5 arrived though. It's here now though so I'm happy. Never need the home button now :)

Most reactions