What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of the airport body scans?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal, but then again I'm not a person who gets all crazy about "personal freedoms" and "privacy" like a lot of people do. If the government wants to tap my phones, monitor my internet usage, install a tracking chip in my wrist, and scan me with their body scanner as I go through the airport, it really doesn't bother me one bit.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll let you know after Thanksgiving. We are flying out to Las Vegas for the weekend (leaving Wednesday at 8:00am. Are we crazy or what? Don't answer that!). I am definitely not looking forward to going through security. I just want to get on the plane (with my iPad of course!) and get to where I am going!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll let you know after Thanksgiving. We are flying out to Las Vegas for the weekend (leaving Wednesday at 8:00am. Are we crazy or what? Don't answer that!). I am definitely not looking forward to going through security. I just want to get on the plane (with my iPad of course!) and get to where I am going!

I'm headed to the UK this Christmas.....I'm hoping it's a less painless process than lugging my huge laptop thru security.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is as the lady who was just won her seat in congress said this statemnt on tv about the patdowns .. it is Japanese Kubuki theatre for the American public to put on a show them ...

as a women i think you would understand this ..it more about them putting there hands into places as adult on a child that iam not flavorable because of the teaching of the child that the no one touchs them this way and now they are beening basic felt up by a person..so as a father of four girls do i want some stange person feeling up my girls --no-but HECK NO IN THAT AREA..

i can understand the fact with a name that might not sound as total American as jones or smith ..but i have say that flying into and out of Israel was a lot less of a hassle than flying now and it was quicker they have offer to show us the system but the top heavy knuckleheads of the TSA wants to spend the tax payer money on something that is getting into the personal privacy areas that the book 1984 warned us about ..

they are not going to be happy with the american people are in orange jumpsuits with leg irons and shackles on the wirst and then you can fly on the plane just like con-air like the US marshel runs on a daily bases for the flights to pick up people from all over the states and the world

the problem has been with the tsa is that do something only after the horse has gotten out of the barn not before for now it has grow to over 67 thousand people working in the airport and they still can not figure a way out to do the job ..one airport failed 22 times out of 24 times there socalled security test where the failed to catch the items that was in the carry on bag ..

remember this simple statement ..you as a paying person who is paying for the ticket to get on the airline who should the ticket have a basic right to some basic things about personal space....this does get into some personal space issuse about your basic rights..

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the prudes and liberals, will wail and moan until they stop the searches and THEN, when someone blows up a plane or shoots a bunch of people on a plane, EVERBODY will scream that the TSA didn't do their job. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wont bother me one bit as I have been patted down and wanded every time I fly and that is about six times a year. I have two artificial knee joints so I have to tell them up front so its into the booth lift the pant legs and go through the whole nine yards while everybody was looking at me as if I had a weapon on me. So its no change for me.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the prudes and liberals, will wail and moan until they stop the searches and THEN, when someone blows up a plane or shoots a bunch of people on a plane, EVERBODY will scream that the TSA didn't do their job. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't!

no it not as you say dammed if you do and dammed if you donot ..

it more of a simple fact that the tsa is not working along with the basic fact of your body langauge and other things that you should be watching for when in the airport ..

first it was the shoe bomber .now you take your shoes off

then it was the guy who tried to mix two items togerther make a bomb so no more large bottles on planes.

now it the underwear bomber and now we are getting pat downs ..

it not like the people who are working the security system outside the country is doing the right type of security for them to find this guys before something happens right

but as soon as something happened outside the country on a inbound flight to the states we go through a another step of beening treated like cattle on the flight ..it was a person named jones or smith who flew the planes into the building it was people who name is middle eastern sounding..i know that not p.c here but it the truth and the truth is getting farther from the everyday life ..for to many groups that support the socalled effect and backlash againest the middle eastern type saying that we are profileing them and that wrong .. so guess what stop beheading people about the socalled ways of your religon and i will not make you strip search going through the airport to fly that how easly it is in the doing it right the first time ..

wrong is not saying to the outside world here is the trouble makers and we we do want needs to be done ..that way i think of Israel as my second home for not that it right or wrong but it does what needs to be done ..it nut cutting time and it getting done .. so if it gets so bad here i might move there for i know i will be safe when flying in and out of the airport ..

do not what i was taught many years ago in Germany where i was stationed at the time about the world of Terroist is that the make the other country make there own people insecured about themself and you have won the battle in the public eye for they will become more p.c. about searching a person who last name is middle eastern ..

do not belive me look at Paris France and how the west has caved into the demands of the muslin world there about the rioting and burning of the people personal items ..

look at point in many world newpapers about the simple statement .. if you make fun of the muslin or the leader of the muslin faith you are marked for death or there public outcrys and riots and other things about the person ..

look at England and other western European countrys right now for the socalled peacefull religon is takeing over peice by piece in the areas ..firs it simple things then it changeing of your laws to meet there laws not them changeing to us and our laws ..

it time to stop beening p.c about and if you name is something that comes from the middle eastern area of the world and you get on a plane then the only way for you to fly is a complete search of his body and luggage ..

the problem is we are paying for them to search us and treat us like cattle instead of the person who paying for the salary of the people in the airline..

so how far must it go before we have enough of the problems that this people of that faith brings down onto us.. we are at war and it starting in nov 4.1979 and you better get your head wraped around that fact.. for they kill as many as they need to get the point across that are going to take over the world and they will stop at nothing intill they do and they are winning for they are slowly chipping away at the basic personal right that we have in this country of our ..

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right on Henry,many people have their head in the sand hoping the problem goes away.I was being nice when I said sand.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd rather have more pat downs and scans.

Sets my mind at ease just a little more while flying.

The more hoops we make the terrorists jump through, the less likely they are going to get through them all.

Stop whining, it's the world we live in today.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but how far do we go before we have lost all the rights when flying do they have to put into the leg irons and blackboxs on the handcuffs on a child to let them fly on a plane ..right or wrong it going to come to a head one day over something that sparks the wrong type of problem with the way we fly ..

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wont bother me one bit as I have been patted down and wanded every time I fly and that is about six times a year.
Maybe Al flies so much because he actually enjoys the pat downs!

Wow. I can't believe you said that, Scott. Can you ever carry on a serious, normal conversation? You don't need to inject jokes all the time, babe!

Just sayin....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the babies I take issue with. My friend's 3 week old baby was taken and stripped, searched and swabbed. They tore up the car seat, baby seat, and handed her baby back butt naked, screaming. Then complained as she was not quick enough to dress her, and put all back together they tore up!:mad:

I would seriously go off on someone that did that to my baby.

Three weeks old? Total crap.

However ~ I think yesterday they "apologized" and changed the age guidelines.

Most reactions