What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**What do you like most about the new ipad**

marcus22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the new ipad around the corner what is the feature that has you most excited, mines is the fact that you can now do face to face calling.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Personally for me, it's the whole look and profile. Its soooo much more drop dead sexy than ipod1. It's the same shape as the ipod touch 1st gen. Simply beautiful. Worth the money broken even :)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I, too, am liking the slimmer, redesigned case. Supposedly a tad lighter, too. Either way, the iPad rocks. The new one, however, should be amazing with a dual core A5 processor, a bit more RAM and better GPU handling. The cameras are a nice touch, even if the backward facing one might not be all that good for still shots (there's too much debate about what it's going to be like so we'll see come Friday) though it's not a deal breaker for me.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Better chips and ram should lead to better and more versatile apps.
Garage Band and iMovie. Whats not to like?
Cameras are a bonus.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Increased CPU speed as were as the 9X refresh rate for the screen. Decreased weight and the new screen cover are also great and unexpected.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cameras are the biggest factor in my selection. Skype while traveling is really important for me. The slimmer case and lighter weight also is important.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Increased CPU speed as were as the 9X refresh rate for the screen. Decreased weight and the new screen cover are also great and unexpected.

Its actually 9x the graphics power of original ipad. Not 9x screen refresh rate..lol cpu is 2x the power of original. Either way, ipad2 is a beast.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you like most about the iPAD2

Apple announced the features and characteristics of the new iPAD2 on Mar 3.
- A5, dual core Cortex 9 processor has same speed, but processes everything twice a fast.
- Graphic performance is nine times better
- Mirroring via HDMI ... a fantastic feature for presentations on TV or projector.
- Weighs less, is thinner... thus easier to handle ... back is flat
- Includes two cameras ... one front facing the other rear. So when communicating via FaceTime you can show others what you are seeing.
- Ram was not mentioned, but it would seem it is 512 MB running 1066 mhz/sec compared to 800 mhz/sec on the original iPAD. Thus more memory, running much faster ... leads to all around better performance ... combine that with twice the processor performance and 9x graphics performance iPAD2 rocks. Now two brand new APPS really happen, iMovie and GarageBand. Absolutely fantastic apps.
- all this and still up to 10 hours of usable operating time.
- The new tri-folding cover is genius just like the concept of iPAD
- Couple the hardware with iOS4.3 and iPAD2 is phenomenal.:)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts