What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you care most about for a iPad Case??

*Victor*

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people told me that they have to have a case that can make iPad stand, some says simple design slim type is best.

What's your preference?:ipad-front:

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on the situation for me. I use my iPad for work, and when I'm at the store, I use a Targus Z-case which is a sleeve type case. But when I go to trainings or conference meetings, I have a folio type case with the built in stand so that it's comfortable to use my BT keyboard.

Thats the beauty of having a ton of different case options out there. There's always a case for your particular needs.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted something that didn't make it feel like a wet fish. So I got a silicone rubber case for it. I have a separate stand for it.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus Truss case that doubles as a stand which is great, but then also closes over to keep the screen protected when not in use. It also folds over for normal use of holding it. Wouldn't have it any other way. I don't even leave my iPad down without the screen covered.

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people told me that they have to have a case that can make iPad stand, some says simple design slim type is best.

What's your preference?:ipad-front:

Had a lot of criteria - and after studying what seemed like hundreds of options, eventually realized that no one case would meet them all especially since some of them are inherently at odds with one-another:

a) multiple viewing angles - especially in landscape orientation but portrait too
b) at least some degree of protection that's not just token protection
c) the case won't alter/damage the iPad (some rubber cases I've seen for iPods eventually leave a sticky film behind, etc.)
d) ability to store a few goodies - earbuds, USB cable, charger
e) as small and light as possible - why get a tiny iPad just to carry around a huge case?
f) appearance

I ended up with Marware Hybrid C.E.O. which fits inside the STM iPad Jacket.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Style for them dinners or casual get togethers with friends at the pub. For that, the dodo case. Looks good, and works as needed.

For work, a simple griffin case. I can hold it, protect it while not in use and does as needed. Easy to remove like dodo case for when I get home - I like her naked.

I have a nice leather slip case. Not much use but it has it's place from time to time..

Cases to me are like shirts. Gotta match what is planned for the day.

OP
V

*Victor*

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the purpose and usage varies, but would it affect your judgement on price?

i mean what price range is "normal" or standard? and with what feature you would be willing to pay more?

some are heavy duty protection, so should be more expensive?
leather? simple silicon or clear case?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I No Longer Live In A World Where Price Does Not Matter

the purpose and usage varies, but would it affect your judgement on price?

i mean what price range is "normal" or standard? and with what feature you would be willing to pay more?

some are heavy duty protection, so should be more expensive?
leather? simple silicon or clear case?

Hence the reason for buying this iPad. It replaced the need to buy a digital frame, a GPS device, a Kindle eReader, etc. The fact that it is a multipurpose device, I do save money. This the reason why I bought a Zaggmate. It too is a multipurpose device. It serves as a carrying case and as a stand. In addition the bluetooth keyboard built in to the case helps me type these long notes!

The price is high but when you factor in all the money I would've spent, I saved money--thats my story and I'm sticking to it!:)

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to carry my iPad and wireless keyboard in. A well priced messanger bag would be cool, but not some metrosexual european sholder bag! :D

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I have 3 cases. well, 2 cases and one messenger bag.

I use the Apple iPad case for general use during the week. Since I generally commute on a bus 2 hours a day, the Apple iPad case is fine to cover the screen when waiting and walking where the iPad is in the front pocket of my laptop bag.

When traveling, I have the Otterbox Commuter that is on the iPad and a Targus messenger that has a few other things in it as well. I have a stand that stays in the bag I use that works with either the Commuter or the Apple one.

What I want in a case is
1. Does it protect the front and back of the iPad?
2. Does it add a lot of weight to the iPad?

So long as 1 is met and 2 is bearable then the case does what I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts