What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What apps are best for school?

Reaction score
This may belong in some kind of app section. However I am sure it will be moved if it does. Anyway I am starting a new semester and just recently acquired this nifty iPad. I was curious of what apps can best utilize the iPad for a highs school student. I currently have the iWork suite and iStudiez pro. I am looking for any kind of category you can think of thanks! :) :)

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably a good note taking app. Good ones are Note Taker HD and Noteshelf.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a good note taking app as stated. if you are going to college and your college uses blackboard or sometimes they have a native app. maybe a program that can open and edit word, pdf and power points. i personally use office to go because of the sync features to my google account and dropbox. can open and edit all types of files

persephone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i agree about note taker hd for handwritten notes. i wrote a brief review of it here with a screen shot.
Handwritten Notes on the iPad « christophermayo

for typewritten, i am not thrilled with noteshelf, but it depends on how you work. i pretty much use evernote for everything, and all of my note taker hd notes end up there. again, here is a link to my blog with links and advice about using it.
Evernote Links « christophermayo

i'll eventually write something about other apps. my general advice for the ipad, though would be to digitize materials and read them (it's on my blog too, but that's enough links for now). the reason i say this is that the ipad is really easy to use as a reader, and that is a great place to get started.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

clothesfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note plus. But I think school doesn't mean note taking and hardworking. You can search on the App Store with key words of your interest. You could find great apps like "Starmap 3D plus"...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try google. I've seen lists like Top 10 apps for students or such, produced by tech blogs.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try out "LectureHall." It is an app from MIT that accesses university level lecture - videos, lesson plans, etc. If you haven't looked at MIT's OpenCourseware initiative, it is well worth checking out.

Most reactions