What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome News: iCloud Passwords Were NOT Compromised by the Recent Apple Hack Attack

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
New-iPhone6-locked-down.png

Here's a bit of good news for folks concerned about the recent Apple App Store hack attack. Apparently, despite the dire nature of the data breach, users' iCloud passwords were not compromised. In fact, according to the latest reports, Apple is contacted customers if you if you have installed apps which were compromised by the XcodeGhost malware.

The most important thing is that the malicious code could NOT have stolen critical personal information like your Apple ID credentials. Furthermore, Apple has already purged the infected apps from the App Store, so they are reassuring folks that it is now safe to download apps. For more info, check out Apple's support page FAQ comments here: 有关 XcodeGhost 的问题和解答 - Apple (中国)

Kayayem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... In fact, according to the latest reports, Apple is contacted customers if you if you have installed apps which were compromised by the XcodeGhost malware....

Thanks for posting this! I had voiced this as a concern/criticism a few days ago. I am glad Apple contacted users who had these apps.

I'm curious what the message said...

Most reactions

Latest posts