What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weird internet connectivity problems w/ ipad2

sdw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a weird problem surfing the internet with my ipad2 that started out of the blue a few days ago. Everything had been working fine up until then and I don't remember changing anything or updating new software...

Can't browse the internet on the ipad anymore, and when i point browser at website, it thinks for awhile then brings up an earthlink page (my ISP). Still receives mail/twitter though, so some data is coming through, but facebook app isn't working. And my 2 laptops connect fine, full on browsing. Also seems like my wife's new iphone is having the same problem, starting at same time.

I really have no idea - anyone heard of this?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Sdw - welcome to the forum! :)

If you are using Safari as your browser (or another one), I would first suggest that you 'force close' the app; go to the 'multitask bar' (double tap the home button or use the multigesturing finger method); then find the browser - tap & hold; when all begin to jiggle, press the minus sign on the browser which will shut it down - return to the home screen and restart the app - does this solve your problem?

If not, then you might want to 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - these are safe maneuvers - directions HERE, if needed. Please let us know if any of these suggestions help and post back if further help is needed - good luck!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A few other things you can try.

Go Settings > General > Reset and Reset Network Settings. (be certain you choose the right option). You'll have to log on to your networks again.

In Settings > Safari, try Clear Cookies and Data.

Turning your router off for a few minutes, then on again might help.

Since you are getting redirected to your provider's website, you should also consider contacting them and finding out if they've done something to affect and redirect mobile devices. This is actually the most likely cause, in my opinion. I can't think of anything but their settings that would do a redirect. But I could easily be wrong, and the other suggestions won't do anything except force you to log back into your network(s) and various websites.

OP
S

sdw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
none of this stuff worked! any other ideas? I'll try getting ahold of my ISP although they generally aren't that helpful...

Most reactions