What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webmail requires double click to open messages!

Macca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm unable to open my WebMail emails on the iPad as they have to be double-clicked to open. The platform is @mail - this is my webhost's (Blacknight.ie) mail program.

I've googled this but come up with no answers. Blacknight say it's an iPad issue, not theirs.

Is there no app that will allow me to double-click or right-click my emails? I don't want to divert my emails to the iPad as I have two other computers that I need to access them on.

Any ideas please?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double click and right click are not available on the iPad.

Can you set your email to keep email on server? If so, you can open mail in both the iPad and your computer without diverting email. I use my iPad, iPhone and Safari to read my Hotmail, but the emails come down to all three clients.

If I delete emails using the Safari-based web client before I open the Mail client (set to Manual Fetch), then they won't download to the Mail clients on the iPad/iPhone.

OP
M

Macca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I still have no way to open my emails on the server with my iPad. And I can't see how to view them with iPad Mail unless I divert them to a google or yahoo address. Maybe I'm missing something?

OP
M

Macca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I've fixed it now, Purpleorchid. I hadn't realised I could set up my POP account on iPad mail - I thought it only worked with google, hotmail etc. I also wasn't aware that I could set up my Windows Mail account to leave emails on the server.

It's working fine now. That was really useful, thanks!:)

balajichinnaraj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=2]Webmail requires double click to open messages![/h]
I'm unable to open my WebMail emails on the iPad as they have to be double-clicked to open.

Is there no app that will allow me to double-click or right-click my emails? I don't want to divert my emails to the iPad as I have two other computers that I need to access them on.

Any ideas please?​

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
balajichinnaraj said:
[h=2]Webmail requires double click to open messages![/h]I'm unable to open my WebMail emails on the iPad as they have to be double-clicked to open.

Any ideas please?

I don't understand why you can't have your emails on all your computers and iPad, mine go to each machine and are only removed if I delete them from one of my computers, in which case they delete from all of them.

The Archangel

Most reactions