What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web browser access

Videoman1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I frequent a website that I post pics to on my pc. I downloaded Photon web browser to be able to use flash on my iPad. Here is my question. When I go to upload a pic the website opens a file browser which shows the directories on the iPad but this where I get lost.
On my pc I just go to the folder where my pics are, pick which photo I want to upload and I am done. On my iPad I don't know where my pics are stored. I can't even add a folder and put pics in it.
Is there an app that will let me create new folders and copy in pics?
I'm an old pc tech and this new iPad is kinda getting on my nerves. Lol
Ant help would be appreciated.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although I'm not familiar with the app in question, the question regarding the photo folder is easy. All photos taken on the iPad are stored in the Camera Roll. The iPad does not allow such open usage of the file system, so it should be one of the only options.

I am wondering whether you are using one of the app buttons to upload, or are you clicking a link on the website to upload? If the latter, you may run into trouble with that on the iPad.

OP
V

Videoman1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm clicking on a link that opens up the directories.
Think in terms of a pc where you click on my computer and you see all of the folders on the hard drive.
That's what I am trying to get to. The folder directly from the OS. No app used just raw directories.
Does "everything" have to use some sort of app to make an iPad functional? I'm starting to hate my iPad because everything has to have an app to run something and apps don't work together.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPads do not work the same as PCs in regards to file/folder access. Have a search for what I believe is called sand boxing. I believe the premise is that each app has it's own designated area where created/imported files are stored. Only that app has access to said storage.

The camera roll is a little more open in that you can access these files from your PC when you have the iPad plugged into it. Much like plugging in a regular camera.

I'm sorry, but you need to work with the iPad to get your desired result. In regards to uploading to sites, someone may have more experience than I.

OP
V

Videoman1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid of that.
Thanks for advice and help. I guess I need to use the iPad other things and stick with my pc for others.
Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts