What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Way forward for hobbyist.

waggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m a programming hobbyist, just bought an iPad, and would like to write a few apps for my own iPad, not for anyone else, and for my own amusement. I’m not prepared to pay Apple $99 per year for the pleasure of doing so, I might have considered a one off lifetime payment of $99, but I think even that’s a bit rich.
I understand there is a free development which allows me only to write apps for a simulator - I this the case? If so how do I access this please? I can’t seem to find it.
If I do then write something I want to put on my own iPad, I gather I can jailbreak it. Is this reasonably straightforward, and is it easy to restore factory settings if need be.
Any advice appreciated

bartekhugo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if youre studying you can check if your university is in iOS Developer University Program, while being in it you can even publish your apps in AppStore (no paid apps) and its for free.

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you can sign up for free and develop with the sim, just not on an actual device. Google "register as an apple developer"

Simzart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.heartwriterapp.com
I heard there's a way to run your app in the device without registering Apple Developer Program. Or you can practice programming using simulator and then join Apple Developer Program if you feel you are ready to make something.

OP
W

waggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, found out I can develop on the simulator for a small fee, now it uses XCode 4

Most reactions

Latest posts