What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING! RetinaPad NOT Compatible With iPad3!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: RetinaPad has been updated (v1.3.4) and is now iPad3 compatible.

If you manage to get RetinaPad installed on your iPad3, it will muck it up and you will have to do a restore to get your freshly jail broken iPad3 working all better. Uninstalling RetinaPad will not help...

Trust me on this and take my word on it. Don't do it!

Oh, and please, don't ask me how I know. :(

Marilyn

P.S. Ah, the things I do for the team! :D

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
If you manage to get RetinaPad installed on your iPad3, it will muck it up and you will have to do a restore to get your freshly jail broken iPad3 working all better. Uninstalling RetinaPad will not help...

Trust me on this and take my word on it. Don't do it!

Oh, and please, don't ask me how I know. :(

Marilyn

P.S. Ah, the things I do for the team! :D

Gosh, Marilyn--I would have been besides myself if that happened to me!

Glad that you got it sorted--and thanks for taking one for the team! :)

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have RetinaPad on my iPad2 5.1.1 and it hasn't caused me any problems, so it should be safe for iPad2.

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let the others do the testing on Ipad 3 marilyn :) hehe.. dont be so excited on the tweaks :)

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed winterboard and a few other tweaks at the same time and my settings would crash almost instantly, had to uninstall each until it worked and them reinstall them lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would anyone try to install retina pad on the iPad 3? It automatically displays iPhone retina content.

adamstivala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RetinaPad Ipad3 installed

I installed RetinaPad on Ipad 3 with absinthe 2.0 ipad 3 5.1.1 ATT, oops.
I am having trouble restoring to 5.1.1 with itunes, it says the server cannot be contacted, and tried importing my own ipsw in itunes to 5.1.1 but it won't work, any ideas? Thanks!

I've been having issues with safari crashing, invisible status bar, no battery icon, can't delete email etc... please help!

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try the DFU Mode and shift/restore method to restore the iPad back to iOS 5.1.1? I used an iOS 5.1.1 IPSW I already had downloaded (didn't go through iTunes) and then used the method as described in this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Essentially, you'll have to start over from scratch: restore the iPad to 5.1.1 and re-run Absinthe.

Keep us posted. And, sorry you got caught up in this too. Who knew...!?

Marilyn

adamstivala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried restoring via itunes with the 5.1.1 ipsw and am still getting the "The ipad cannot be restored at this time because the ipad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable". I followed all the steps as per the tutorial. is it something with host files?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would wait and try it again or just keep trying. This being the day after the jailbreak release as well as a holiday weekend I have no doubt that everyone's servers are probably being overwhelmed at this point as everyone is scrambling to update and jailbreak.

adamstivala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got it to work :) It wasn't apple servers, it's because I lived in the US all my life and now am in a foreign country and wasn't auto detecting my LAN settings and was using a VPN! Thanks for all your help guys and thanks for the tutorial Marilyn! Next time I'll look before I leap :p

Most reactions