What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warning message when trying to update to IOS5 that I do not understand

tom03087

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itunes tells me that IOS 5 is available. When I click to update I get a message that says "Their are purchased items on the Ipad IPAD2 that have not been transfered to your itunes library. You should transfer these items to your itunes library before updating this Ipad. Do you want to continue?"

I am still fairly new at this. I have synched the Ipad and updated all programs. I am not sure what this message is telling me to do? Any help or explanations would be appreciated. Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try right clicking on the iPad in the iTunes panel on the left and choose "transfer purchases". See if that resolves it.

lovy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I had this problem when I first purchased my ipad2 dont continue with update. Close it and go to file and re sync your iPad so that all purchases will be synced. Let me know if this helps. Btw I'm. New to the forum.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try right clicking on the iPad in the iTunes panel on the left and choose "transfer purchases". See if that resolves it.

That worked for me. I too got that message when 5.0 came up for me for the first time. So I transferred my iBooks by right-clicking and selecting Transfer Purchases. The next time 5.0 pops up after you click "check for updates", it should work!

Most reactions

Latest posts