What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallpaper changer

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, now that we have multitasking, some developer please make an app to rotate wallpaper in the background on a schedule, random, from album(s) the user suggests. Pretty please?

applejuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.itunesdownloadnow.com
Hey,

This is a very good idea this way you can set a morning, midday and evening wallpaper or just a christmas wallpaper for the right time ;-) like the idea, hope someone will programm it.

applejuice

coachmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great idea. I hope someone will develop this. I have it on my cough, cough, blackberry and love it.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like that too...when I had a blackberry, I had the wallpaper changer and it was kinda nice. and then I started. to save the ones I liked so that I could just use those as my wallpaper.

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we tried to do this but apple has locked down the OS making this impossible :mad:

Very annoying and it looks like they wont be changing their policy anytime soon...

big sigh........................... :(

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kierandill said:
Well, now that we have multitasking, some ...

Are we confusing iPad's version of 'multi-tasking', with a lot of apps actually running in the background?

That isn't actually the case you know.
Sure, you can have several alarms sitting, ticking away,
Or you can have ONE app running sound in the background, while you run other apps.
You can have apps frozen, their state stored in memory.
But you don't really have a lot of actual multi-tasking going on at the same time.

Hmm, I suppose it MIGHT be possible to activate a wallpaper change AS a function when an alarm goes off...
But I somewhat doubt it.

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, I was talking about actually setting the ipads lockscreen or wallpaper within an application, opposed to setting it through "my photos", which means changing the OS, which is currently not an option.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kierandill said:
Well, now that we have multitasking, some developer please make an app to rotate wallpaper in the background on a schedule, random, from album(s) the user suggests. Pretty please?

That was the first thing I wanted when I got my iPad last May
It is here in the forum somewhere, probably my initial post

Most reactions

Latest posts