What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walkabout, Cute game....

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey guys.

I just made my first iPhone/iPad game (universal binary). Its called walkabout - the idea is to collect all the stars on each level, but as you walk the path beneath you disappears. You need to think about your route or you'll be stranded!

It has native 1024x768 size graphics for the iPad, and Retina size ones for the iPhone 4 and 320x480 for the iphone 3/touch

Feedback and comments on the App Store greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: Check out the new website for the latest news, walkthroughs and videos :)

http://base2solutions.com/walkabout/

App Store Links:

FREE Lite Version: Walkabout Lite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

$0.99 Full Version: Walkabout for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeHTRFM1_8[/ame]

Screenshots:

ntsyQ.jpg

MN5Sn.jpg

qUvtB.jpg

TqMpk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New version released! Bug fixes, 40% performance increase (opengl layers optimised), and a new icon :)

highresolutionapplicati.png

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Made a new banner... what do you think? Should i change anything?

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just featured in Whats Hot :)

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
V1.3 just released on the App Store. The FREE Lite Version now has 17 levels - an entire game on its own! Give it a try :)

(Paid version has 72 levels - more are on their way)

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want to start making games? Developer of 'Walkabout' sharing tutorials and code :)

Note to MOD: Please move it to the relevant area if this one is wrong, I tried to find the best section, but I could be wrong!

Hey guys,

I'm the developer of the game Walkabout for iOS and Android. You can see more about it at my thread here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-app-announcements/21654-walkabout-cute-game.html

I'm going to start posting tutorials on development, including pro tips, and explanations on how various part of the game were coded. This is for BEGINNERS totally new to making apps AND EXPERTS.

If you're a coder or interested in making games follow me on twitter at:

Base2 (base2solutions) on Twitter

I will be tweeting links to tumbler with tutorials and sample code I have posted. I want loyal followers so in no way will you be spammed with 'buy this buy that' except a tweet every week on an update with any games I may be working on.

I have approx 1200 followers from various forums who are on the list, as well as about 20 Corona developers who's tutorials I will retweet.

Again, this is about development, and helping those new to making games, as well as hardened developers with tricks and shortcuts.

Please DONT message me asking to tweet about your games or apps. We want to tweet quality posts and keep followers not annoy the hell out of them! I dont know about you but i'm sick and tired of a tweet ever 3 seconds about some new game! I dont want to fill your twitter page with rubbish!

First tutorial will go out later today :) Come join in!

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PM me if anyone wants a free promo code... Limited supplies so hurry!

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Berkru!

Sorry guys it seems imageshack change some policy and a lot of people couldn't see the images in the first post. I have changed image host and hopefully you can all see them now :)

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to version 1.5 in the app store. Now using the new release Corona Core :)

Walkabout hit top #100 grossing in 8 stores, top #500 in 29 stores and top #1000 in 30 stores last month!

OP
kam187

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! thanks :) Let me know if you have any issues, suggestions etc. I'm always listening for user input !

Most reactions