What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wake on Lan to play Air Video?

samanthajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help please!

I recently downloaded Air Video but now I want to be able to wake my iMac up without physically having to get to it.

With help from google, I found out about Wake on Lan. Under energy saver on my imac, I enabled wake from ethernet access.

I downloaded the app "Wake" and it successfully detected by iMac. So I used the app, woke my iMac up and tried to use Air Video - doesn't work!

Has anybody been able to do this successfully?

Thanks!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So waking up your mac isn't a problem? Air Video just can't communicate with it?

Does your imac sign in when you WOL? If not, that is probably your problem. I think Air Video runs as an application and not a service on macs, which means that you have to sign in for it to start up. I haven't ever owned a mac in my life so I can't really comment much further, but it appears to be an issue with a lot of people that do from the quick searches that I have done. I believe if you set your mac to automatically sign in upon waking from sleep, it may solve your issue. I am not sure though.

Last edited:

Most reactions