What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume Up button stuck

haniestep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2, the problem is the volume up won't work on the side button but the volume down works. When I turn on my ipad it increases the volume all the way on the screen. I did reset and rebbot almost everything but nothing change. The volume up button went out first before I dropped my ipad. I sent it out to apple but they wouldn't replace it since there was a dent. I dont know what to do. Please help!:(

captainhottub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let me know if you have permanently solved your stuck volume button. I'm almost ready to drill into the volume button and pull it out or jailbreak my iPad2.
I really need a solution, beyond paying Apple repair $350.

Have you found a permanant DIY repair method? Or, have you successfully jailbroken to install the "Volume Button Disable" app from Cydia?

Sincerely,
CaptainHottub

P.S. It's my volume-up button, and subsequent on-screen volume icon, that is stuck. The slightest bump, rotation, or even picking up the iPad2 jacks the volume to Max, as if I were pressing the volume-up-button.

Most reactions

Latest posts