What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing pictures on television

igs1962

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to view my IPAD pictures on my television. I have the component cord, which connects the IPAD to a HDMI input. I've attached the IPAD to my TV, with the HDMI input, but nothing. I'm using an IPAD (not the IPAD 2). Any suggestions??

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure you have the correct HDMI input selected on your TV?

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Original iPad doesn't work with HDMI except for certain apps. There is a jailbreak app that does a mirror image like the iPad 2 offers though for a small fee.

Try opening up picture app on iPad and viewing a picture, then hook up HDMI adapter.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:
OP
I

igs1962

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out, it wasn't the HDMI. Rather, I actually had to run the slideshow app to see the pictures, rather than just view the pics. It's a bit annoying, but it works. I will check out that jailbreak app though.

Most reactions