What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

videos from ipad to computer

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you plug in the iPad, windows will throw up the Auto Start dialog. Choose the browse folders option and navigate into the DCIM folder. You should see all of your pictures and videos from the Camera Roll there. Simply drag and drop your files from there to your PC.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boldie24 said:
simply sync through ITunes when you connect it.

Sent from my iPad2, 32gb 3G

No. You plug the iPad into the PC. The Auto Start dialog comes up, select the browse folders option. Navigate to the DCIM folder and your pictures and videos will be in the folders there. Simply drag and drop the required files to your PC.

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
No. You plug the iPad into the PC. The Auto Start dialog comes up, select the browse folders option. Navigate to the DCIM folder and your pictures and videos will be in the folders there. Simply drag and drop the required files to your PC.

On the Mac if set up properly (easy to do), it can/will automatically sync with Iphoto and ITunes. Can you not do that on the PC platform on your photo app of choice?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boldie24 said:
On the Mac if set up properly (easy to do), it can/will automatically sync with Iphoto and ITunes. Can you not do that on the PC platform on your photo app of choice?

Windows does not have iPhoto, which is an Apple app/software. I know what you mean in regards to Macs though.

The PC only associates the iDevice with iTunes, which, in itself does not enable you to move photos off the iPad to the PC, only syncing photo folders to the iPad for displaying. Windows itself provides my above mentioned solution without the need for third party apps.

The other method would be to get an app like Photo Transfer App, which facilitates the movement of photos from the iPad to another iDevice, a PC or Mac. The app also has a Mac version that streamlines the process whereas the PC relies on the iDevice creating a web interface for the transfer.

OP
gryphontile

gryphontile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome!!! It worked. Thank you and so simple. I have satellite and I didn't always want to have to upload them to Drop box.

OP
gryphontile

gryphontile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itunes only goes from computer to Ipad with pictures, not the other way around. That didn't work

Most reactions

Latest posts