What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video and Photo Presentations on the fly - Best Way??

RVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Situation: I do marketing and sales presentations of products and concepts on the fly. I need to quickly play from a selection a brief video, or show photo albums of 50 to 100 photos each. I just purchased my first iPad, an iPad 3 with Wi-Fi, no cellular. For the presentations I must be totally self-contained and not depend on Wi-Fi.

Now that I've read this forum, I may even venture into controlling the presentation from my iPhone via Bluetooth. But first I must create the presentation with options.

Since I come from a PC environment, I naturally thought all I had to do would be create a directory containing photo files and video files then click on whichever I wanted at the moment. Apparently it is not that simple on a iPad.

What I cannot have is a situation in which I have to fumble through my iPad to move from item to item or to stumble at all. Ideally I would like a single screen populated with six or eight icons that would each link to either a video or a photo book.

From this forum I have gathered that I should create a short keynote PowerPoint with embedded video for each of the movies. I can do that.

Questions:
1. Is keynote PPT the best way to present each video.
2. if that is a yes, then can I put photo books in the same directory for selection.
3. Or, is there a common display such as a "bookshelf" from which I can choose Keynote videos or photo books.
4. Perhaps there is a much simpler solution that would be the best solution. I already have my videos in the photo stream. I can upload the photo albums to photo stream. Then the problems that that would present as I see them now are as follows.
A. It seems that I cannot locate albums and videos within another album/directory.
B. And, in this case, my videos did not carry an image nor a name when I uploaded them. I cannot see a way to name the videos.

I have been an iPhone user for years. I have followed Apple's business model and very much agree with all that they have done. I would be surprised if they did not already have a "template" devised for this.

Maybe I have not even approached the best solution. Sometimes the best brainstorming is to ignore all that is been done before. What might you suggest.

RVA In Maryland

Most reactions