What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very small email notification annoyance

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a small annoyance, but ... ... ...

When a new email arrives the bar at the very top of the screen rolls over to give a brief summary of the email, stays there for a second or two, then rolls away, THEN there's a sound played.

What happens with me is that I don't notice the roll of the top bar until the sound plays, but by then it's already rolling out of sight!

Why isn't the sound played at the start when the top bar is just starting to display the email summary so that I/we have time to glance up and read the summary!

Yeah, I know it's but a tiny annoyance, but it is an annoyance.

Jeep Dawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least you get the sound, I can't figure out why my notification sounds won't work. Everything is turned on properly, but no sounds. Who knos. As for your problem, got to setting, then notifications, then alert, u can set it to alert you multiple times as well as how it will alert you. Maybe this will help you. Play around with it and see. If u kno of anything for my issue, please share it with me. Good luck.

Most reactions