What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Odd

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I was at the mall a few weeks back and decided to go in barns & noble and sit on their chairs while waiting for everyone I was with to finish looking around the mall. I then thought, "wait a minute, I'm in a book store yet i'm reading a book from the iBook Store".

Anyone else done this?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, once or twice in a Barnes and a couple times in a coffee- used bookstore across from my office. Stares n glares and puppy dog tales, makes for an intriguing magical device which everyone seems to sneak a peek or two at this wonderful device.

I've had some people so crazy for one after holding it, that I almost felt as though they weren't planning on giving it back. It certainly makes for a heightened emotion of what would I do or how far would I go to tackle someone making off with my gadget.

For the most part though, I just peruse books in a shop and use the iPad as the note-book or Internet reference tool like researching while the book almost becomes nothing more than antiquated information, since what is on the iPad pales everything else as a go to for informational browsing. Also it's stylish, sleek and just plain sexy.

I'm proud to walk into Barnes with an iPad, I think it shows we not only can read, we also understand technology and use it to our advantage even if only as an aide to reading.

Most reactions

Latest posts