What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very new to ipad

triffid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am awaiting delivery of my ipad2 so dont have it in front of me. Is it possible to write in the 'notes' when offline and then cut and paste them into my blog site when online?
Am going on a 5 month road trip in the states and would like to run a blog but will not always be near a connection. Live in NZ so think 3G connection in states not possible as it will be set up for NZ:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am awaiting delivery of my ipad2 so dont have it in front of me. Is it possible to write in the 'notes' when offline and then cut and paste them into my blog site when online?
Am going on a 5 month road trip in the states and would like to run a blog but will not always be near a connection. Live in NZ so think 3G connection in states not possible as it will be set up for NZ:)

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Absolutely there is no problem writing notes on the iPad offline and then cut-and-pasting them when you're online. There are WiFi hotspots all over the US of course, so you'll find no problems there.

The iPad's 3G will work fine in the US, though the roaming charges might be prohibitive. A good alternate that many members have used is to purchase a pay-as-you-go microSIM when you get to the US. AT&T have several reasonable plans that last for a month and that would give you good 3G coverage. Just buy a SIM, slide out your NZ one and insert the AT&T SIM for the duration of your visit. Having said that, though, WiFi is so ubiquitous in the US that, when I'm there, I rarely feel the need to use 3G. I hope you have a great time in the US.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy your pad when it arrives!

Don't know what blog you are running, but I manage mine on the iPad with the "Blog Press" app. You can check it out in iTunes before your gadget arrives. I'm sure there are plenty of other ones out there too, but that one works for me.

OP
T

triffid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Have just looked at it on itunes and it looks to be pretty easy which suits me fine. Is it possible to save my blogs so as I can keep them as my diary

Most reactions

Latest posts