What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon inbox emails disappearing after ios 6

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had problems with my Verizon email account on my iPad3 prior to IOS 6. Under Settings, I have it set to Show: 1,000 Recent Messages; Delete from server: Never; Deleted Messages Remove: After one week.

My Verizon Inbox used to have lots of messages. But, they've all disappeared after the IOS 6 upgrade!!

I'll periodically use the Windows Live email client on my laptop to download messages which then automatically deletes them from the Verizon server. But, Messages already downloaded onto my iPad's Inbox have always been unaffected by this.

Now, those Messages in my iPad's Verizon Inbox are disappearing. And, I don't know why. After I lost all my iPad Inbox emails, I forwarded some from my laptop's Inbox back to myself so I'd get them to show up again on my iPad. This worked for like a day. Then, this morning, they all disappeared!! What showed up in my iPad Inbox were just a few new emails.

Is some kind of synch occurring? I've googled this issue repeatedly using different phrases, but haven't gotten any results. Am I the only one being affected?

Last edited:
OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Verizon inbox email continues to get periodically deleted from my iPad inbox. This has been going on since I upgraded to iOS 6. In settings, it's set to Never remove deleted emails and also Show 1000 recent. Yet, just a moment ago, when I checked for emails, all the emails on the Verizon server were newly downloaded and those not on the server were gone. So, a sync is occurring every once in a while (maybe each week?).

Am I the only one affected by this? I've relied upon my inbox for saving emails for reference. I don't want a sync. When I get my emails on my laptop, then they are removed from the server. But, I don't want those already in my iPad inbox to be affected.

I've repeatedly removed and created new Verizon accounts. And, I choose as a POP account.

sherlockholmes76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently upgrade to iPad3, and my it keeps deleting my emails also. I'm really frustrated! It doesn't happen every time I open the mail program, but at least twice a week. I don't know how to make it stop! I WANT my old emails! There were some very important messages that were deleted. I tried red flagging them, I've checked the settings. Everything seems as it should be. HELP!

OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@sherlock... I'm sorry for your problem but I'm glad at that at least I'm not alone! It's ridiculous. Just like you wrote, all my Verizon Inbox emails disappear intermittently. I've noticed that my Inbox syncs with the emails still on the Verizon email server. If I leave emails there, they also stay in my iPad Inbox.

Periodically, I use Windows Live Mail on my laptop, which gets and deletes the emails from the Verizon server. Then around once per week, when checking emails on my iPad, the ones not on the Verizon server get deleted. I can see it happening. For me, it seems to occur every Sunday. So, I'm wondering if somehow my iPad thinks I've it set to delete emails once per week. I don't. It's set to Never delete.

This all happened after the iOS 6 upgrade. So, I'm wondering if some setting has been corrupted -- such that no matter what I set it to, the iPad thinks to delete every week.

If I find a solution I'll post here. If you do, I'd appreciate the same. This is a major irritation that really takes away the usefulness of my iPad. I've been keeping selected Inbox emails as a portable reference.

sherlockholmes76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought the deletions has stopped. Things were good for maybe a whole week. Then, earlier today, they disappeared again. So frustrating. I bought the iPad from Best Buy. Next step... Geek Squad!

OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same with me. I though it was just Sunday's, but it happened a couple times the past few days. Please post back if you find an answer.

Ruca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have Verizon but I've been having the same issue with my emails since I updated to ios6 before x-mas. I spoke with the Apple help people and followed their meagre advise to check that the settings hadn't changed (checked, no changes) and/or delete the email account and start over (did and nothing changed). Their only answer is that it's a problem with my email provider and nothing to do with the update. Yeah, right.

OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a continuing, frustrating issue for me and has soured me on Apple and the iPad. Retaining inbox emails is important! Like you, I've tried deleting and adding my account and tried every combination of settings. It all happened with the iOS 6 upgrade.

Since Apple locks up the iPad, we can't even troubleshoot or find 3rd parties who have solved the issue. This may be my last iPad... the locked-up walled garden only works when it provides the highest quality and best user experience. But, with iOS 6, we've been given degraded map functionality. And, at least some of us, an email inbox headache.

Most reactions