What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uverse

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are thinking of switching our cable, Internet and cell phones to ATT to bundle them together. Uverse just became available in our area and I have been reading reviews all day. I hear awful reviews and wonderful reviews so I figured I would ask here. I figure many of you may have ATT products and could help me. Is the install that bad? I have a brick ranch that was built in 1955 and the last time i tried to get dsl from ATT here, there were problems with my internal wiring. My thought is if they run new stuff anyways that maybe it won't be an issue anymore??? Any input?

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently switched from Comcast cable to AT&T U-verse, so far their customer service has been way better than Comcast. The install went easy. The "signal" comes to the house on the phone line. They can then use the phone lines in the house to set up the router and DVR. In my case I had cable in the room I wanted set up, so they used an adaptor outside to hook up to my existing wires, neat! The wifi is fast (as ordered) and so far reliable. The channel line up is pretty much the same, and the price is competitive. AT&T seems to be on the ball. I've been quite satisfied with the switch.

If your house doesn't have any useable wiring, they will install it. The skill of which, of course, depends on the technician you get. And may take the better part of a day. You'll want to check on any additional costs for this of course. My install was $150.00, but waived because of a "special".

Last edited:
OP
Katrina2475

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm thinking we are going to go for it. By bundling everything together I am going to be saving over $50 per month and as an added benefit, I will be getting an iPhone and ditching my android.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome! I hope it goes as smoothly for you, as it did for me. AT&T was very friendly, and kept me up to date with nearly constant e-mails. I also appreciate their online billing and account managing features.
You can get the Uverse app which does some handy things with the channel guide and DVR programming. Unfortunately they can't stream content to iPad yet, though they can to the iPhone.

Enjoy your new "I-devices", they're quite addictive! :)

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had Uverse in my home since it hit my area around three years ago.
I was with Comcast before that.
I love Uverse and have two phone lines and high speed Internet bundled.
The image iw way better than with Comcast.
Have never lost service, which was a weekly event with Comcast.

OP
Katrina2475

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear the positive reviews. Now I just need to find the time to get the transition started. I have my two year old's birthday party this weekend so I'm thinking having my house rewired isn't the best plan.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear the positive reviews. Now I just need to find the time to get the transition started. I have my two year old's birthday party this weekend so I'm thinking having my house rewired isn't the best plan.

It's a breeze to do.
They use the existing cable ports in your house.
Most of the work is outside on the phone box.
Only additional wiring would be if you want a TV in a room where one has never been and there is no connection.
Even that is a breeze as they run that through the attic.
Go for it!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I to have the whole bundle with U-Verse,its great plus its not effected by bad weather or clouds like it was with Dish.

Its great go for it.

Al.

Most reactions

Latest posts