What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using USB Thumb Drive On iPad

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m using an adapter to use my USB-A thumb drives with my iPad (7th generation, ios 14.4). Problem is I can’t find it on the screen. I’ve tried looking in Settings and the Files folder, but still can’t find it Where do i look? Thank you. Ed

Last edited:
OP
Sap44

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I found the problem I noticed my iPad wasn’t charging so I unplugged the charger cord from my adaptor and plugged it directly into the iPad and it worked. So, since the USB port on the adaptor is where I plug my USB thumb drive, it must mean the adaptor is defective. I bought it on Amazon and it’s been in use for perhaps a week! That’s a disappointment!

OP
Sap44

Sap44

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is sending me a new adaptor, no need to return the defective one. If it goes bad again, I’ll look into possibly using a powered USB hub instead, unless any of you folks have a better idea. Ed

Most reactions

Latest posts