What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using O2 Sim on ipad

leeejordan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just received my o2 sim card for my ipad. does anyone know what you need to do to set it up fo 3g.

some people are saying you need to sync with itunes..is that still the case now ios 5 is installed?

Many thanks in advance,
Lee.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing is needed. Pop the SIM into the SIM card slot and you're good to go. It sometimes takes a short while for the account to be authorised by O2 but usually there's nothing else to do and the various set-up data is entered automatically from the card.

If you have any problems, let us know.

Tim

OP
leeejordan

leeejordan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that Tim. I will set about installing when I go home

I love this forum all you can eat info and speedy responses

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - be careful putting the SIM card in. The SIM tray on the iPad is really delicate and it's easy to break it. Be careful, too, that you insert the SIM the correct way. Strictly speaking it can't be put in the wrong way around because the card has a bevelled edge that matches a similar bevel in the iPad's SIM card tray but I've known people try to 'force' it in the wrong way!!

If O2 sent you a SIM card specifically for the iPad (I hope) then it's really a microSIM and is smaller than the 'regular' SIMs that go into most mobile 'phones. It's really tiny. When you received your iPad, it should have come with a small 'tool' that you can use to release the SIM card draw on the iPad. It's basically nothing more than a fine piece of wire that you carefully insert into a hole in the SIM card tray to release the catch. If you've accidentally mislaid the tool be careful what you use to 'replace' it. We had a Member a while ago who tried to use a match stick in its place and the match stick became jammed in the release hole and couldn't be retrieved. It might sound funny but, in the end, the iPad had to be replaced!!!!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts