What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using my ipad2 i Italy

tmc111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Italy next month and want to use my ipad2 there. Do I m=need a sims card or something like that to be able to use the network(s) over there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the AT&T version or Verizon?
Are you planning on using the 3G option?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tmc111 said:
I have an Apple ipad2. I do not have 3G.

I just returned from Ireland and had no problem with connecting to their WiFi networks. Their networks were spotty at times, and apparently a laptop will connect more easily, but the ipad had no problem and it was just as if I was home. I'm assuming it is the same in Italy; as long as there is an open wifi connection to connect to with a decent signal, you should be fine.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just returned from France and had no problems with wifi. The house where I was staying had wifi and it worked flawlessly with an iPad 2 (wifi only) from the US. It was a little tricky to get that first connection but once it was connected it was great. I posted pix from my iPhone every day to Facebook so family and friends could follow our travels.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used my then new iPad2 in Italy at several wifi locations on a past vacation with no problems.....also in Spain and England. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions