What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Ipad2 as webcam for AR

TH2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I am using my Ipad2 for an augmented reality project... I will run the AR through my PC and use LogmeIn to mirror the software on my Ipad. What I need to do next is be able to make my Ipad2 a webcam that I can select in the list of cameras when I want to view in AR mode.

Does anyone know any good apps to make the Ipad a wireless webcam for a pc, but that will allow me to work on the Ipad/PC and select the 'ipad webcam' when needed?

Cheers

TH2

OP
T

TH2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Melvin

Augmented Reality mode is when you are using an AR viewer (in my case a plug-in for Google Sketchup) to view a 3D CAD model, lets say a piece of furniture.

It basically switches your screen to a camera view and you see whatever the camera is pointed towards, i.e. the real environment. When the camera is pointed towards an AR marker (physical marker on the floor) it places the CAD model there.

It means your CAD model can be seen in relation to a real setting and real people. It's very cool indeed. I'm doing a research project on it but just trying to figure out all the technical stuff...

Which led me to this forum. :)

Don't think my original plan is going to work because it was depending on two apps running at the same time - a remote screen app and then the webcam app. So its back to the drawing board...

Trish

Most reactions

Latest posts