What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using ipad 2 for vocal performances

Alph5betical

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all - I've just bought an iPad 2 and am wondering if it can be utilised for live vocal performances. I'd like to somehow plug into my iPad to a microphone, use iPad applications to enhance the sound with effects etc live, then have my iPad output the sound to a PA system.. Wondering if this is possible as to plug a mic in I think it goes into the headphone socket and to have sound going out this also needs to go from the headphone socket...

I'm thinking that I may need to buy some sort of external mixing console... Any suggestions or advice will be greatly received

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I move this to the Help section as I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum moderator

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alph5betical said:
Hi all - I've just bought an iPad 2 and am wondering if it can be utilised for live vocal performances. I'd like to somehow plug into my iPad to a microphone, use iPad applications to enhance the sound with effects etc live, then have my iPad output the sound to a PA system.. Wondering if this is possible as to plug a mic in I think it goes into the headphone socket and to have sound going out this also needs to go from the headphone socket...

I'm thinking that I may need to buy some sort of external mixing console... Any suggestions or advice will be greatly received

You can do this, but will need apps and some extra kit. Most people are using Amplitube, a full featured music and recording app. If this is too expensive, you can also use GarageBand which will except microphone input, but you will need an extra cable, and a compatible mic.

More details on this topic can be found on the recording and music thread

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/28700-all-about-music-recording.html

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions